Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory subwoofer installed, but I recently installed the Pioneer Avic-D1. I was wondering how to use the stock subwoofer with the pioneer deck.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
VoOdOo_CrUiSeR said:
I have the factory subwoofer installed, but I recently installed the Pioneer Avic-D1. I was wondering how to use the stock subwoofer with the pioneer deck.

Thanks in advance.
Ahhh...hook it up and let us know ????

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oldawg said:
Ahhh...hook it up and let us know ????
I did install it already.... The subwoofer does not work.. So my question again was if anyone knows what I have to do to get it to work?

Is it as easy as connecting the positive wire from switch and connect it to the power lead from the head unit?

Just want to find out before I mess something up.

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
VoOdOo_CrUiSeR said:

Thanks in advance.
See this thread and ask some questions.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2726

adam12hicks is a literal "pioneer" as his installation is pretty close to what I have in mind.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I believe the sub uses the sum of the front and rear channels together. If you fade to either the front or rear, the sub will be less effective. That being said I do not believe any other additional output is needed for the subwoofer to work, provided you connect the amp turn on wire for the sub (pink/blue) to that of the after-market head unit (blue or orange wire on most). The sub has an independent amp that must be turned on to function. See below for more detail on the wiring

I have not verified this info, It was pulled for DEI's Directechs website, but it should be accurate. Remember verify everything with a voltmeter!

Stereo Wires:
Radio 12v blue/yellow + radio harness
Radio Ground brown - radio harness
Radio Ignition gray + radio harness
Radio Illumination green + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on pink/blue (subwoofer amp) + radio harness
LF Speaker +/- pink - purple +,- radio harness
RF Speaker +/- lt. green - blue +,- radio harness
LR Speaker +/- black - yellow +,- radio harness
RR Speaker +/- red - white +,- radio harness

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Forget to mention, because of this set up you cannot adjust the level of the subwoofer. Has anyone opened the factory sub and noticed any adjustment dials or knobs?......I guess I have a weekend project now.

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
VoOdOo_CrUiSeR said:

Thanks in advance.

Plug it in!

No really, there is an aux port on the back for a sub.

My best guess is that the power cable is routed through the on/off switch in the dash and needs to be connected to provide power to the self powered stock amp. It functions much like a bazooka self enclosed/powered sub. And if you really can't figure it out take it to a professional and have them hook it up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I cant tell you how to wire the sub into the aftermarket head unit, i would never try it. ever. its cool to play Mcguyver sometimes, but keep in mind, this is still a $30k brand new truck with a $1500 aftermarket head unit...nice touch...i love those head units...I HIGHLY SUGGEST you go ahead and spring for a nice kicker 4 channel 600-800w amp...i buy em on ebay for under $200 new for all my cars...wire it right in from those top quality +4V RCAs on that head unit u got, and run the front channels to ur door speakers, and bridge the back channels to the sub. Adjust the gain like u have a brain, and with all that CLEAN power going to your STOCK speakers, u will understand why i NEVER replace stock spreakers!! Clean power will make them sound phenomenal. So sidestep all the marketing rigomaro, and buy that amp, you wont need anything else!!

Oh....and any good installer will be able to dissassemble the plastic pillars on the left side of the cargo area, and mount the amp in there where its nice, dry and safe from the homiez....and u keep a stock look.

Anything else and you will boggle your mind with ohms, and wires, and warranty issues...all for a tin can sound which is the best possible result from head unit power...

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
So you did get it to work? Was it the Pink/Blue wire? I am just curious since this will save my looking into this on the weekend. Please list details....Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts