Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, who's up for joining us in the Uintas on Saturday July 19th? I have several destinations in mind, all of which follow the trails of Rhodes and the old Spanish miners into the BEAUTIFUL Uinta mountain range. I guarantee beautiful views, rivaling Ouray in every way for those that follow :). We should leave from a Salt Lake rally point and caravan around 8 or 9 am and return to Salt Lake around 6 or 7pm. On the way we will pass high alpine lakes, dense forests, mountain lions and bears oh my. We can get a high altitude dose of what the Ouray folks are getting without the 10 hour commute. Post up your thoughts. Here's a preview from our scouting trips last summer to tempt everyone, and Flymatic, NO working that weekend k?

Rat

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll have a blast in Ouray. It was so much fun at the first one and this one seems more organized with the practice. I hope you run Imogene and that Black Bear opens up for you guys! The other one we really liked was Corkscrew Pass from Silverton to Ouray. I think I liked that as much as Black Bear. There was a really cool ghost town at the end.
This Uinta trip is definitely going to be fun, but I'm sure you'll make do lol.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
We can get a high altitude dose of what the Ouray folks are getting without the 10 hour commute.
...and don't forget the traffic jam that will be created with that many vehicles....

OK, who's up for joining us in the Uintas on Saturday July 19th? ...... and Flymatic, NO working that weekend k?

Rat

Gotcha on that Scott, I will do my best to join you this time....whether I have to put in for vacation time for a day, or if I just have to leave work early...remember I work in Park City, so if need be I can meet up with you somewhere like Kamas....I really want to join you guys on a trip.

What slope were you thinking of?? North, South, West?

I'll do some searching to see what I can find.

Thought I would add a pic from a recent fishing trip up around Current Creek just to keep the spirits going....

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm scanning the Forest Service roads on the Utah Topo program to see if we can get from Rhodes Canyon over the ridge to the other side and up to Gold Hill, exiting near Kamus. This will take us by Lightning Ridge and a bunch of old Spanish tree carvings and a Madonna shrine Sara and I found in a meadow which usually marked a mission near a Spanish mine. At any rate the terrain is mucho gorgiouso. Not terribly challenging but on par with most of the trails in Ouray for challenge vs. beauty.

Scott

·
Registered
142 Posts
We may be able to join you next weekend. We just got back from our honeymoon a few minutes ago and we will have to see how the week goes.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Looks like it should be a good trip. I'm tenative as of now, but hopefully will be able to make it next Saturday.

Kalen

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, Sara and I would sure love to see you all, especially Casey and Andrea this time. More congratulations are very much in order for your marriage and we have a little gift for you. I'll be PMing folks on our list tonight and tomorrow. If past experience holds we'll have quite a gang for our mini Ouray day. We've missed all you guys. We've been doing all sorts of painting and repairs while selling our house and haven't had a chance to do ANYTHING else :(. Hope you can take a vacation day Fly, we haven't seen you for a while. I'll just have to start calling you and we'll schedule our trips around your work. Hope you're cleaning up every payday because it seems like you never get any time off. That's a great pic you posted. It should still be gorgeous up there. The snow has really just cleared enough to get up to Lightning Ridge and Gold Hill so I'm sure the flowers are in full force.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I wont be able to make saturday :mecry: I have had the last 2 weekends off and wont be able to get this one.

Steve

·
Registered
468 Posts
AJ,

Tis a pity..i'm still tenative myself. I'm hoping I'll be able to get out and try out the new sliders that I put on over the weekend. And if I'm lucky, may be able to get the new skids put on as well before then.

kalen

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Scott,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for this trip :(.....but, for this jaunt into the Uinta's you are going to have to put up with me this time!!:bigthumb: Yes, it is true, I have Saturday off, can you believe that?? (why do people have to get their mail on Saturdays?) So count me in, add me to the list, or whatever needs to be done. Come rain(hopefully a little rain to knock the dust down) or shine, this should be a good trail-ride.

Since I'm already on the back of the Wasatch I could just meet up with everyone in Kamas(if we are accessing via HWY-150) or anywhere else if needed.

-Devin

1 - 20 of 46 Posts