Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take min out and do what the book says it will do. Let me know if you are interested in joining me.

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
majojo4 said:
I want to take min out and do what the book says it will do. Let me know if you are interested in joining me.
That's a fun idea. I have lots of Rubicon video, even some bought (but all jeeps and rovers) Give me a date range and I'll see if Mrs. Rat and I can go with you my friend. It is painfully beautiful all over around Tahoe. Last time I drove to Reno it was about 7 hours I think. Not bad.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I live in the area with a new FJ not sure I can handle the rubicon but would like to hang out and learn the tricks of the trade. Let me know the time we could set up a mini rally for FJ's

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Don't forget about the plethora of owners that are already in NorCal!

Is that video a step-by-step instruction? :p Not to scare people away and drive down confidence, but the only way I would take my rig there as a stock vehicle is if Bill Burke was with me. Even with a lift and 33's, I'd only go with a Rubicon "Pro".

If my stuff is done by then, I'll go with you. Even if it's not done...I'll still backpack in with you :p

·
Registered
128 Posts
MoabRat said:
Last time I drove to Reno it was about 7 hours I think. Not bad.
I go there quite often, but it usually takes me 7.5-8 hours, stopping only for gas & a quick bite to eat. They really need to up the speed limit on most of that stretch of I-80.

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
MissFJ said:
Don't forget about the plethora of owners that are already in NorCal!

Is that video a step-by-step instruction? :p Not to scare people away and drive down confidence, but the only way I would take my rig there as a stock vehicle is if Bill Burke was with me. Even with a lift and 33's, I'd only go with a Rubicon "Pro".

If my stuff is done by then, I'll go with you. Even if it's not done...I'll still backpack in with you :p
Not instruction lol. more destruction. I used to drive a pretty well equiped TJ and the Video features some friends from Tera Mfg. Both tapes do however cover each obstacle and none of the rigs was set up any better than my old one. In fact one of them is a stock 00 TJ. I want some armor underneath first but a bit of finesse and good judgment about which bypasses to take should get me through. I don't cry at sheetmetal mods and fortunatly have had very few of them over the last 15 years of doing this stuff. I'll have had the FJ on Hell's Revenge and PS/Gldn Spike/Gold bar by then. That'll give me a better idea of how brave to be with the bypasses available through the sluice and stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts