Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my wife has an interview for a job in Utah next week. I can't be more excited for several reasons. 1. West is best 2. SW Utah is amazing and my FJ would love it 3. I'm a fly fisherman and there are a ton of great spots to take the FJ to go on fly fishing adventures. Current situation, I live in Oklahoma and have one great spot 4 hours away to fly fish in. Zero great spots to enjoy open public lands. Fingers crossed everyone!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I went to school out there and now live in the Southeast but I wouldn't have any problem going back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Where in Utah? Best of luck to her (and you). There are lots of great places to live and wheel, but the pay/cost of living in the SLC/Provo-Orem areas are not the best. Property values are stupid when compared to pay in the SLC/Orem-Provo areas. Prices are definitely better than the west and east coast, but crazy when compared to similar employment and housing markets in the central/midwest.

·
Registered
190 Posts
So, my wife has an interview for a job in Utah next week. I can't be more excited for several reasons. 1. West is best 2. SW Utah is amazing and my FJ would love it 3. I'm a fly fisherman and there are a ton of great spots to take the FJ to go on fly fishing adventures. Current situation, I live in Oklahoma and have one great spot 4 hours away to fly fish in. Zero great spots to enjoy open public lands. Fingers crossed everyone!
Can't tell you how jealous I am of you. I retire from the Marine Corps in a little under 3 years, and I've been begging my wife to look out west for us. I love the the beaches of NC, but I'd kill to be out in Utah or Colorado. You just don't get those views or locations out here on the east coast.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think you can have multiple wives out there too. Trout, beer, and women:lol:! There's nothing like the streams out west. I started fly fishing in Idaho and I should've never done that.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the best of wishes! We would be in Cedar City Utah, far SW. Really hoping this happens for her and for us in general because we both love the southwest so much. (As I sit here in 30mph winds in a parking lot) I hate windy days It usually means my hot water heater pilot light goes out, a few shingles get pulled up and need replaced. Really want to leave oklahoma. Ha!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Exciting, good luck to you and your wife. Will you be in a dry county, it's the only negative I can think of? On the other hand, you can always start brewing your own beer and bourbon!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think they have dry counties in Utah but they do have the ol' 3.2 rule like the state I currently live in. Anything higher than that has to be bought at a liquor store and can't be bought refrigerated. Why? Who the hell knows? The fun part is that I have learned how to quickly chill beer from living in a state that thinks you should wait several hours to have a beer. I guess they think it will make them crack down on alcohol related incidences giving people time to cool off. I think it slows down the Darwinism rule, survival of the fittest.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you can have multiple wives out there too. Trout, beer, and women:lol:! There's nothing like the streams out west. I started fly fishing in Idaho and I should've never done that.
We lived in Idaho for 7 years before we moved to Oklahoma. Oddly enough, I never owned a true off road rig or knew how to fly fish when I was in Idaho. I'll take that back. I did have a Yamaha TW200 which is a beast of a bike that took me everywhere through the mountain trails.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We lived in Idaho for 7 years before we moved to Oklahoma. Oddly enough, I never owned a true off road rig or knew how to fly fish when I was in Idaho. I'll take that back. I did have a Yamaha TW200 which is a beast of a bike that took me everywhere through the mountain trails.
Gotta get a winston, rep your home state stick.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gotta get a winston, rep your home state stick.
A buddy of mine is endorsed by them! He is a fly fishing guide in Colorado and SE Oklahoma. I need to check them out sometime.

·
Registered
128 Posts
A buddy of mine is endorsed by them! He is a fly fishing guide in Colorado and SE Oklahoma. I need to check them out sometime.
He should be able to hook you up with some of the finest rods in the game for cheap:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He should be able to hook you up with some of the finest rods in the game for cheap:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
I'll have to ask him about, although, I just got an Orvis Recon with Hydros SLIII reel and my wife is using my old fly rod and reel setup. She might want dibs on a new fly rod setup. It's a toss up. If she gets a new job, she wants a new car so maybe I can get the fly rod after all? Although, I do want a rear bumper with tire swing out, black rims, new tires, and probably $1,000 of other gear for my FJ. I don't know. A lot of negotiations to take place. LOL!:lol:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:simmadown::simmadown::simmadown:Her interview was today... (clock ticking in background). She said it went well.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update: My wife was picked as a finalist and they have flown her out to Utah for her interview. Fingers are really crossed now!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Don't worry about booze,whenever there is a conference those liquor stores are stocked good! Cedar city is close to the Las Vegas water hole ,Arizona is also an option to get Feuerwasser!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts