Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow, what a terrific day. We couldn't have timed the alpine flowers better. All the meadows were full wall to wall and the day was perfectly clear with visibility that seemed to go forever. The trail-head is about 40 miles from Park City near Hanna, UT.
The day starts out with Rhoades Canyon. It's not marked except for deceptively placed no trespassing signs and it sure doesn't look like much from Hwy 35. :

It climbs very quickly and before you know it your at the start of Lightning Ridge at 9600 feet.

At the top of the ridge the views are spectacular this trip:

We make our way from here down past Cold Springs for lunch

Sara thanks you again Delane for the Cheesecake Factory cake!

We made our way from there over the mountain ridges to Silver Meadow and more flowers galore:

Can't resist one of Mrs. Rat:

And one more for the road:

All the pics are up in the Webshots album from the pics link in my Sig line

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
What a wonderful day, with a great group of people. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. MoabRat for leading the way, and Flymatic for getting us to the dirt pass up to Cascade Springs (on the way home). Kalen posted some photos in the original thread here http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/south-west-region/64937-utah-cruisers-uintas-during-summit-7-19-a-5.html#post1056354

Here are a few pics from the day...

Lightening Ridge

A Photo stop on the way to our summit

White Colorado Columbine...funny story as we were debating if it was honeysuckle, and it certainly was sweet at the tube end...someone said Columbine is poisonous. I guess the nectar is not as most of us partook without side effect.

I took a lot more pictures of the summit from the top of my FJ but I forgot to turn manual focus off from the last closeups, doh!! They were all blurry except this one taken by dlister (thank you sir)

and this one...

A flower child I came across at the end of our trip...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks everyone for a great afternoon! I think the scenery stole the show. What a gorgeous trail!

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
We missed you guys at the summit. I think there were only 3 guys from Utah there total. I met Greg (skibumm) for the first time, and my wife and I found a good friend in him. I cannot say enough good things about him. If the rest of the Utah gang is half as nice, the Utah cruisers will be the group to join.

So no pressure here, but when are you guys planning the next one? I so can't wait to meet some more of you.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We missed you guys at the summit. I think there were only 3 guys from Utah there total. I met Greg (skibumm) for the first time, and my wife and I found a good friend in him. I cannot say enough good things about him. If the rest of the Utah gang is half as nice, the Utah cruisers will be the group to join.

So no pressure here, but when are you guys planning the next one? I so can't wait to meet some more of you.
I'm trying to plan stuff for the next two weekends. This weekend will be a Sunday trip if I can get everyone together.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well it certinly looked like a great run, sorry I couldnt make it. you know work and all.
Looks like your FJ got some new shoes there Scott, or maybe I overlooked the tires last time. I am definatly in for the sunday runs.
Steve

·
Registered
371 Posts
Off topic. The wife and I will be in Utah next week around Beaver. We would like to do some wheeling. Are there any trails anyone might suggest?

Thanks for any info.

Regards, SSC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts