Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all Oregonians. Its vacation time for me and the wife and we decided this time to explore central Oragon. Were going to be around La Pine, Sunriver, Bend area the 13th through the 15th before heading over to Florance. Ive searched a bit for some trails in the area and the Edison trail looks good, as well as the area you all refer to as the radio tower. Can any of you recamend some moderate to easy trails to a Nor-Cal tourist. Also any good camp grounds as we'll be camping the whole time. Ya when im on vacation i do the whole tourist thing, stupid shirt, camera, road side attractions. Clark W. Grizwald would be proud! Any info would be appricated, Thanx.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would suggest staying out of Edison unless you want some of our famous Northwest pinstripes. Most the trails in that area can barely fit a Jeep. Radio Tower is more scenic and a lot milder trail. Have a good trip!

Bonus tip: take off your California plates before you get to Bend. We will treat you a lot better. :lol:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Not sure about Bend area, but Detroit Lake area is good camping spots, we frequently camp in the Detroit Lake area. We we just at Rainbow Lake over this past weekend which is just a few miles from Detroit Lake area. I can post up some pics of our weekend. Detroit Lake area has some good beginner trails

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would suggest staying out of Edison unless you want some of our famous Northwest pinstripes. Most the trails in that area can barely fit a Jeep. Radio Tower is more scenic and a lot milder trail. Have a good trip!

Bonus tip: take off your California plates before you get to Bend. We will treat you a lot better. :lol:
Ya, I allready have that Northwest pinstripe but I think I'll save that trail for the ATVs. We'll check out the radio tower, sounds like fun. I understand about the plates but i'm not a Californian. I'm an Orgafornian. We live 30 miles due south of the border in Siskiyou County. I work in California but we shop, play, vacation in Oregon. Sucks to be sterotyped by geography. We had planed on driving the Cascade Lakes Scenic Byway and check out some of the lakes and campgrounds around there. Detroit lake looks cool, just a bit to far north for this trip. Thinks for the input, anyone else?:bigthumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts