Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
called the toyota dealership too buy some oem atf, they said they only use valoline max life atf. what do you experts says. this would be for a drain and fill only?

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
It has to be the new low-viscosity type of ATF that only a few people besides Toyota sell; Amsoil is one, haven't heard about Valvoline making one but they could well do.

If you only drain and fill, you are only changing a fraction of the fluid, most of the old dirty fluid will still be in the torque converter and the rest of the hydraulic system. If you want to change it all then will need to flush the whole system.

·
Premium Member
6,519 Posts
X3

dewfpo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i asked the dealer about ws and he said max life is what they only use. as far as drain and fill goes. i have two toyota, one is a tacoma w/ 267k on it. i will only drain and fill that one. the fjc i may flush. i don't post on here, but i do read alot and there seems too be a big brew ha about drain and fill vs flushing!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Checked the Valvaline Max Life bottle at store today and verified on Valvaline site. It is recomended for WS and is synthetic based. $5.50 /bottle local auto parts store.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just flush my transmission with 4gallon Maxlife atf since the toyota dealer ask more than 10 dollar per qts.

saved 100 dollar.

the truck runs good.

no difference noticed.

will come to report if anything bad happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts