Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I walk to the parking lot with one of my buddies and see some nice words of endearment carved into my passenger door and the passenger suicide door panels. They also gave me a pinstripe from the handle to the tail light :mecry: I try to avoid conflict with people and can't guess why anyone would do that. I still don't know who did it but I haven't had any fights or arguments or given anyone a reason to do it. I know that this isn't nearly as bad as some out there, trust me I've seen worse, it just sucks to have someone do that. I want to know who else has gotten their FJ really messed up? Pictures and explanations please!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,024 Posts
That sucks man! I feel for you. Must be some self righteous gas saving hippie prius driver or maybe a jelly jeep owner. We'll never know. My parent's car got keyed/severely scratch for no reason in a KC parking garage. **** happens.

On a side note, nice of them to put their name on there for you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My fj is an 07 and I still Park the farthest from the entrance of the building where I'm going. Never had an issue so far, but then again I don't want to go to prison catching someone doing that to my FJ. Depends on where you live I suppose.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
That sucks man! I feel for you. Must be some self righteous gas saving hippie prius driver or maybe a jelly jeep owner. We'll never know. My parent's car got keyed/severely scratch for no reason in a KC parking garage. **** happens.

On a side note, nice of them to put their name on there for you.
Hey not so fast there buddy! I own a Chevy Volt and love saving gas…when I'm not guzzling it in my other cars :lol: #nohippies

OP, sorry to hear about that. Further proof that most people are morons.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Maybe they wanted to help you get a new paint job from your insurance? Just kidding that really sucks though. There's some stupid people out there, you can't make them all happy. Maybe your fj looked like their ex's so they thought they'd get back not knowing it's the wrong car.. who knows

·
Registered
410 Posts
Just tell everyone you were doing some hardcore trail riding and the trees/brush magically scratched that into the side. The first night I had my 4runner I went to the movies with a group of friends and came out to it having key scratches down both sides. Might have been at the wrong place at the wrong time like you. One thing I've learned since having my FJ is do as little as possible to piss off other drivers since my vehicle is extremely distinguishable and easily spotted. Not saying you pissed someone off driving but people are crazy nowadays.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,493 Posts
Ex boyfriend?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some people are just useless pieces of skin wrapped around a beating heart. Their hate has probably more to do with themselves than you. Water off a duck's back. Just move on and wish them peace...
unless you catch them doing it then bring the pain.
;0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
538 Posts
That is tragic. Perhaps the person who did that thought you were someone else who they had a fight with and keyed your FJ thinking you were them? Again sorry that this happened to you

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Whoever it was wasn't too bright..it's supposed to be one word, not 2!

Sent from a NiPhone, using auto-correct to eff things up with Tapatalk

·
Registered
999 Posts
Pretty obvious that a Jeep guy did it.

That is why my FJ is never seen in a parking lot unless it is driving to in the middle of nowhere and I have to stop to get supplies and it still gets parked far away from the "common car" and the "common people".

Really sucks !!!!

·
Desert Moderator
7,299 Posts
I doubt this would be a fellow offroader - more likely to be some scrote under 25 and unemployed or minimum wage. Probably also has substance abuse and relationship issues. Thinks the world owes them something.
In reality, the world does owe (him) something - a good hiding and a couple of weeks in an orange jumpsuit cleaning the crap out of the local drainage ditches.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
There could be some other silver FJ owner going around and jacking with people, so someone just assume it's the same one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe they wanted to help you get a new paint job from your insurance? Just kidding that really sucks though. There's some stupid people out there, you can't make them all happy. Maybe your fj looked like their ex's so they thought they'd get back not knowing it's the wrong car.. who knows
I haven't found out who did it yet, but I contacted security and they are still looking at tapes. My plan is to either (A) find out who did it by seeing them on camera and have them pay for my new paint job, or, (B) if they are unfortunately not caught... file a claim for vandalism with my insurance and get a new paint job this week. I'm thinking black :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
i think the very first time i took my FJ off road, i backed into a tree and squished the rear bumper fender wing thingy. the day after i replaced it, someone shoved a shopping cart into it, and scratched the paint on it all to hell. i can just chock mine up to 'trail damage'.... sounds like the source of yours is more like brain damage :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts