Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you use one? how effective is it and do you recommend them?
I watched a video on you tube about a stolen Jeep and it was pretty awesome even though the Jeep was totaled they found it pretty quick.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,653 Posts
Yes I have one installed...paid the lifetime subscription...guess they don’t figure lifetime is lifetime with an Fj...rofl.

How good is it, well I haven’t had to find out but this one has an app and I can check on my vehicle’s location from my iPhone.

My old LC had one fitted too, when I shipped it from the UK to the US I got a call from the company to check it was on a ship as per my info as they’d been alerted by French company that it had been picked up by their system....in a container, on a ship! Good enouh for me!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have insurance, and dont have kids, so no need for any tracking.
If it gets stolen, I get to start over!
Stop looking for ways to spend money on it! SMH

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have insurance, and dont have kids, so no need for any tracking.
If it gets stolen, I get to start over!
Stop looking for ways to spend money on it! SMH
I think Its better to be able to track and recover the toys then let the bad guys have them. I know how It feels when some freak steel my stuff.. not good:
I would be interested in what devices are most popular

·
Premium Member
7,972 Posts
I dont know very much about the systems but wouldn't you prefer a way to stop the hijacking in the first place? As opposed to trying to find it after its been totalled or stripped for parts? I'd put a good alarm system in.

Tracking can have its place but I'm thinking an alarm would be better for you. It would help prevent break-ins as well.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hijacking? Are we talking planes or FJ's here? :rolleyes: :grin

You can "geo-fence" with tracking. If it moves outside a predetermined "fence/area" you get notified. Then hunt them down and...
Thanks Hannibal we agree...I have an alarm plus a club on my brake but while driving about town you cant always club the FJ too much work jumping in and out..i like the tracker plus id like to be able to let my customers know about them...

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Yes I have one installed...paid the lifetime subscription...guess they don’t figure lifetime is lifetime with an Fj...rofl.

How good is it, well I haven’t had to find out but this one has an app and I can check on my vehicle’s location from my iPhone.

My old LC had one fitted too, when I shipped it from the UK to the US I got a call from the company to check it was on a ship as per my info as they’d been alerted by French company that it had been picked up by their system....in a container, on a ship! Good enouh for me!
so link us what you have and lifetime price?

·
Premium Member
12,595 Posts
I had Drone Mobile installed in the FJ ~5 years ago - tied into my Compustar starter/alarm - works like a dream.

I can receive a variety of alerts, set a geo-fence as Hannibal mentioned, curfew, track the FJ through the app or pc, see speed ......and remote start it from anywhere.

https://www.dronemobile.com/

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I got Lo Jack for my FJ 12 years ago when I bought it new. They wouldn`t let me see what the device looked like they wouldn`t let me watch them install it. They told me they don`t want anyone to know what it looks like so it couldn`t be removed. I have never had my FJ stolen so don`t even know if its still working. Don`t even know if they ever really installed it. :)

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like you got stiffed...

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I got Lo Jack for my FJ 12 years ago when I bought it new. They wouldn`t let me see what the device looked like they wouldn`t let me watch them install it. They told me they don`t want anyone to know what it looks like so it couldn`t be removed. I have never had my FJ stolen so don`t even know if its still working. Don`t even know if they ever really installed it. :)
so no montly fee on that correct? what was the cost?

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
I like Lojack because it is so widely used, and has the longest history with interfacing with the Police. It is "fit and forget" for many years (until its 10 year battery expires, then they are supposed to contact you to bring it in for that). Kind of like a retirement plan: you set it up and then don't think about it for a long time, until you need it (though, compared with a retirement plan, this one you hope to never need).

But, LJ doesn't have all the neat-o features like Drone offers (geo fence, etc., etc.).

Maybe for a truly treasured vehicle: LoJack for ultimate security + Drone for playing with features and minute x minute monitoring?

Oh, wait, I just looked it up and LoJack now offers something called, "Sure Drive", which sounds a lot like Drone.

N

·
トヨタ Master
8,617 Posts
I've got one of these on my boy's car. He doesn't know it though. :bandit:

Reactions: BOBTAILFJ

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
32,588 Posts
I know now Dad......

LOL!

Reactions: CabinCruiser