Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Thanks for the hats and dinner. Next year might consider a little more accessable location. That mile uphill walk on loose rock took down at least three people on the way out of the party? No clue there level of soberity but that rock was pretty loose. Still a good party and thanks again.

Seriously? A mile walk in the dark?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great time! Thanks

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Did I miss the time and location?

///iPad
All the vendors had flyers at their booths. We figured at a Off road event that was a better way to spread the word than a post when coverage was limited.

Is there a location? I never got a flyer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sorry about that, we did our best to spread the word.

Decided to pass. Not willing to risk a possible sobriety test at the end of Yankee Boy. Thanks anyway to Jason and all the other vendors.
We were careful to make sure that no one had to much and everyone had a safe ride home. This wasn't a keg stand college party in the middle of no where. It was a nice adult gathering with some food and beverage.

OP said "fliers at our booths"?
Thanks Jess.

Seriously? A mile walk in the dark?
We actually had the trail lighted, went to town and bought extra supplies to make sure that was the case. And that was only for the late goers. We were a little concerned about the location but being it was an off-road event we figured people would come prepared for a little dark and rocks:) Everyone who showed had a great time and no one complained. Most really enjoyed the view and food.

Thanks for a great event!
No thank you!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Just wanted to say thanks to all the guest we had come. Planning an event like this is never easy. We could take the easy route and get a small venue in town and make it less kid friendly and more of a college frat party but we wanted families to feel welcome. That's why for the last three years we have chosen to do a more of BBQ kind of event.

When we first arrived at the cabin, we were concerned about the possible parking issues and distance from town. We spent the better part of Friday setting up with multiple lights and awnings to ensure everyone was good. Everyone we spoke to had a great time and loved the views the property offered. The turn out was more than we could have hoped for. 80lbs of carne asada was GONE! Last year we only went through 40lbs.

Thanks to the vendors too that help make this party! It's nice to see vendors talking with customers with out a table between them.

A special thanks to Bill and (sorry I can't remember your wifes name) for helping with the food all night!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Good times, great carne asada, good giveaways and beer! Totally bipolar musical playlist :)

That mile uphill walk.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Camp+Bird+Rd&daddr=Camp+Bird+Rd&hl=en&ll=37.991766,-107.701035&spn=0.052085,0.068665&sll=38.000424,-107.686443&sspn=0.052079,0.068665&geocode=FSOXQwIdaHiU-Q;FRfDQwIdv6OU-Q&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=14&z=14

quite a walk there.. when i got there, i was 30 feet from the entrance to the driveway. didnt see anyone parked a mile away. :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
We parked at the bridge and with the switch backs it was pretty far. A measured mile maybe not still to far to walk in the dark uphill on loose rock. Several people busted there asses trying to get back up that road in the dark. Hopefully Jason will pick a better more accessable location next year and make the party that much better.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Definitely a great time . . . as previously mentioned the bipolar music was pretty amusing :lol: Thanks for the memories!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks Jason for the Party and your help afterwards! Really enjoyed the fantastic location and the company, great seeing so many vendors in attendance too! Thanks from me to Restop for the raffle prize too!

141 - 155 of 155 Posts