Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Forgive me I am new to this forum. I have a 2007 FJ w/ 82K miles. It currently has a 6" RC lift and BFG A/T (33s). Lately I've been getting a vibration when in low speeds and highway speeds but more consistent vibration at 60-70 mph. The vibration is in the dash and slightly in the steering wheel Also, when I'm decelerating I then hear the vehicle making a winding down noise. I do not know if its because of the new tires or something worse. I did have the tires checked today and balanced, but the noise is still consistent. If ya'll have any ideas of what it might be, your help is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm by no means an expert but I experienced a similar problem and I have a 2007. My FJ startes doing this about 5 months ago and the shake and tire noise progressively got worse. I recently did a rotor and brake change and found one of my front wheel bearings was going out. I replaced mine yesterday. The noise and loose steering problems went away. Might be a good idea to start looking there. Hope this helps

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will look into that. Anything to keep my rig out of the shop is great. Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts