Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Here is an updated photo of the HP36's in the mirrors. Also, I was able to take the HP5's that were in the mirrors and move them to the license plate. It may be a bit overkill for the plate but it looks good :smile

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Vendor
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks for the video, it made installation a breeze! I just installed my Amber HP5s in the mirrors and I'm very happy with the look.
Thank you for ordering with us!

We appreciate your support, and I'm glad you are happy with the Amber HP5's. Personally, I think the amber looks awesome in those mirror locations.

Nick C.

·
Vendor
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Nick... do you advise removing the diffuser film in the mirror lights if you are installing your amber HP5's?
It's entirely up to the end-user and the look you are going for. I would try it with the diffuser in place first, and see how you like it.

Maybe other members can chime in with more information and advice

Nick C.

·
Registered
66 Posts
here's some pics... not the best, but they show how close the mirror amber lights match up with the running lights... my cowl lights are super bright but you can definitely still see the new amber mirror lights, thanks again.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=786930&stc=1&d=1475634516

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=786938&stc=1&d=1475634516

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=786946&stc=1&d=1475634516

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Purchased the mirror lights, Cargo and dome led upgrade last night! Forgot about shipping code! Damn it! Anyway, what is the diffuser and why should I remove it when doing the mirror lights?

·
Vendor
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thank you for ordering with us!

If you email our team: [email protected], we may still be able to remove the shipping from your order.

The diffuser is a plastic lens inside the housing that is designed to create a more uniform effect. However, I don't think it's particularly well-designed or useful in those mirror lights. It's going to create more of a "glow" effect vs. helping focus the light output

Nick C.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I received my order today and installed the mirror led lights. HP36 , but left diffuser in for now to see how I liked them. They look plenty bright now, can't imagine without the diffuser. Thank you Diode Dynamics. Installation was about 5 mins!

Now the dome and cargo lighting. Any tricks to getting the dome cover off? Have not tried that yet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Diode Dynamics, do you have instructions on how to do the dome and cargo lighting? Other videos I have seen they are just plug and play. The lights I got from you have three pieces? Thanks in advance.

Or if anyone has done the switch can help me if they have a minute, thanks.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts