Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Make sure to use a long flat head screwdriver to pop off the drivers side mirror from the bottom. I followed the video trying to remove the mirror using my hands and ended up breaking my mirror. That's what I get by not fully reading the replies. Thanks Diode Dynamics!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I drove by another FJC the other night and noticed he had amber mirror lights. I hadn't ever thought of changing them out before. So I bought some regular amber 194 bulbs and just wasn't happy with them. They were too light yellow and not enough of an amber color. After a quick search I found this thread and ordered the amber HP3 LEDs late last week. Kudos to Diode Dynamics as they shipped out that day and I received them today. :bigthumb:

They appear to be a good quality LED that really is amber in color. They are much nicer than the regular amber 194 bulbs and match the front amber corner lights fairly closely.

Here are some pics I took. I left the diffusers in as I didn't really want a brighter or focused light, just an amber light.

Diode Dynamics amber HP3 LED on passenger side, regular amber 194 bulb on driver side. As you can see the amber 194 bulb emits a yellow tint at best.

Both sides with Diode Dynamics amber HP3 bulbs. They look awesome at night and are exactly the look I was wanting.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Quick and easy mod. 15 minute max and that included a quick spot check on youtube. Here's one a comparison shot.

·
Registered
177 Posts

Just did mine this weekend. Stock and replacement one. Wow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like that might not be legal in some area- thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've driven it all over without any complaints. I live in California and in a town that they pull you over for not wearing your seatbelt. It's not too bright for an oncoming car. I think it's the perfect brightness.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts