Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to tell if My FJ is a Trail Teams with the, Vin number?

Long story short I've been wanting to buy an FJ for a while and one popped up at auction. It's a 2013, looks legit but don't see the diff lock rocker switch under the radio in the pics.

Before I go pick this thing up I'd like to make sure what I bought is a Trail Teams.

BTW, I'm bc and a noob so be nice 馃憤

Registered
Do you have a picture of the door jam VIN sticker? In the lower left the C/TR field should say 1H5 if it鈥檚 a 2013 TT, that鈥檚 the color code for just Cement, if it鈥檚 not a TT it should say 2KY, that鈥檚 Cement with a white top.

Registered
I just checked mine on the Toyota site (you have to create an account) it gives paint information so you will be able to tell if it鈥檚 a TT.

Registered
2014, Trails Team Ultimate Edition.
on the 2013 and 2014 TT, the locking dif and a-track is on the ceiling next to the crawl control. or at least it should be.

Registered
2012 FJ 4X4 Automatic Convenience Package and Upgrade Package
Welcome from Indiana!

Registered
on the 2013 and 2014 TT, the locking dif and a-track is on the ceiling next to the crawl control. or at least it should be.
Doesn't have to be a TT to have Crawl or the overhead console. Common misconception.

Registered
2014, Trails Team Ultimate Edition.
Doesn't have to be a TT to have Crawl or the overhead console. Common misconception.
only a misconception if my statement read as only TT's came equipped with craw control.
however, agreed that crawl control is not a determining factor in assessing a true TT.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help. Looks to be a real TT w/the paint code and other info offered above.

I'm sure I'll have a bunch more questions. Drove it for the 1st time last night for a few minutes. Previous owners have done a few funky things I plan to undo and she's definitely no garage queen, so I'm looking forward to the fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts