Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have roof mounted lights and have since added the vinyl hood decals, did it significantly improve your night vision with the lights on?

Even though my HIDs are narrow beams, I get a ton of glare when I flip the switch (frankly, I can see better without them). I don't really want a black hood; however, if it significantly reduces the glare I might try it out.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I too am wondering about the actual benefit of the hood decal. I just added rooftop lights and I have been thinking about adding the decal. I wasn't sure if it was more of a cosmetic mod or a usefull one. I will probably do it either way, but just curious about the real user benefit.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
amaesing sells them, I have seen prices around $60-$80.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Yes, the glare is dramatically cut down for me, maybe because I have a yellow rig, but the difference is awesome.

Even in the day time the reflected light/glare is much much better.

A good mod IMHO.

-

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Ideally, you'd be better blacking out the whole top section of the hood. Not just the raised portion. But that wouldn't look as cool :)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Its noticeable, even though I have one of the firsts ones that came out (it is still kinda glossy), just regular vinyl. its worth it to pay the extra and get one from better material, especially if you have HIDs up there!

In the past on my older "Boxes" with roof lights, the best thing you can do is paint the whole hood with bed liner (for texture) and then mix up and cover with a black primmer (to eliminate gloss)! Guarantee it will not reflect a bit of light! :bigthumb:

One a side note just the top square is fine, the other angles point down away from your roof lights and you! Geometry can be fun ;)

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
i have heard from a few people that they reduce the glare quite a bit... Im already sold... just need to order one now.
You already have a black hood :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
What ever happen to Amaesing? His rig was one of my favorites . . .
The short version:

He was banned for non-supporting vendor violations and posting under a second account.

Search and you will find more on the subject if you want.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Search and you will find more on the subject if you want.
You can just google him too. I did and ordered the hood decal, it showed up today but I wasnt home to sign for it and now I gotta go to the post office to pick it up. :mecry: (our post office sucks to pick up mail in person)

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I have a voodoo and it really did cut down on the glare, I got a matte black one, I think even a gloss would help but the flat finish is ideal. Got mine from the same guy.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
all you boys gotta do is get your fj's dirty and I promise there won't be any glare :rocker:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts