Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on the forum have experience installing a Viper or any other alarms/remote starts? Need a wiring diagram for the above 5601, can't find it anywhere. Are the install somewhat challenging? I can get the alarm for $149 oppose to $650 for product/install, rather do it myself.

Thanks,

CK

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone on the forum have experience installing a Viper or any other alarms/remote starts? Need a wiring diagram for the above 5601, can't find it anywhere. Are the install somewhat challenging? I can get the alarm for $149 oppose to $650 for product/install, rather do it myself.

Thanks,

CK
I've got a 2008 and I used the two attached files for mine. I did it myself for the reason that I've had some experiance wiring and didn't trust anyone to cut / splice wires in my new FJ. It really wasn't that bad, but it did take me a full weekend to complete. Basically, you will have to tear apart the entire dash and console to install it. Take your time, pay attention to the diagrams and confirm your wires and connections. Not sure what year of truck you have - you may want to look for an updated wiring diagram.

EDIT - I couldn't get the wiring diagram attached to this message. It's bigger than is allowed by the forum software. Here is a link to it:
http://www.brockandbecca.com/files/fj/FJ_Electrical.pdf

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts