Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Visual Encyclopedia of FJ Cruiser Fasteners

33K views 78 replies 32 participants last post by  tnbndr 
#1 · (Edited)
The more I work on my FJ, the more kinds of specialty trim fasteners I discover. During more than one of my own projects, I've had to hunt back to find someone else's unrelated modification thread that mentioned a specific fastener, to find and/or confirm a part number. No more! Here, I'll nicely catalogue every faster I meet from here on in so that I don't have to hunt around.

Click a picture of a fastener for more information about it. In no particular order:

Photos Pending

I either haven't got my hands on these fasteners yet to stage to-scale photos of them, or I haven't personally interacted with these fasteners and another forum member contributed their information.

Click the part # to go to Toyota's parts website. Click the fastener name to go to the forum post with additional information & photos.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 · (Edited)
52161-02020

Part #: 52161-02020
Name: Ground Effects Kit, Piece, Rear Bumper. Body Kit.

Re-Usable? Yes

OEM clips tend to be barely holding themselves together and fall apart when removed or re-inserted.

Used In:

• Fastening top of headlight assemblies to top of the body under the hood

Attachments

Discussion starter · #5 · (Edited)
75396-35020

Part #: 75396-35020
Name: Clip

Re-Usable? No

Used In:

• Fastening the plastic hood trim with the fake hood scoop to the hood metal
  • Fastening the plastic splash guard strip behind the front fender, below the front door hinges (facing out the side of the car)

Attachments

Discussion starter · #6 · (Edited)
75493-35030

Part #: 75493-35030
Name: Retainer, Outside Mo

Re-Usable? Yes

The OEM clips tend to break when being removed or prepared for re-insertion.

Used In:

• Fastening the plastic base above the fenders & inside the engine bay that holds the weatherstripping for the sides of hood

Attachments

Discussion starter · #7 ·
90189-a0002

Part #: 90189-A0002
Name: Grommet, Screw

Re-Usable? Yes, technically

These clip into square holes and allow screws to be driven into the space. Over time, the plastic will get chewed up and not hold screws as well.

In practice, the OEM clips fit very tight and usually cannot be removed without destroying them.

Used In:

• Fastening the front fenderwell's outer splash guards to the metal fender piece

Attachments

Discussion starter · #8 ·
90467-07066-22

Part #: 90467-07066-22
Name: Cap; Clip

Re-Usable? Yes

Used In:

• Joining the plastic weatherstripping baseboard at the top back of the engine bay to the plastic weatherstripping baseboard on top of either front fender

Attachments

Discussion starter · #10 ·
90467-a0016-c0

Part #: 90467-A0016-C0

Re-Usable? Yes

Used In:

• Fastening the vertical rubber weatherstripping behind the front doors to the front fender metal.
  • Fastening the outer plastic splash guards in the front fenderwells to the front fender metal

Attachments

Discussion starter · #19 · (Edited)
COWL Panel, each side;

1 x 61991-35010

1 x 61992-35010

2 x 61118-35010
Yeah, I've gone through 2 sets of these guys. Wish I'd had this idea back then because I surely hope I never have to deal with them again. I only have 1 un-broken cowl clip on hand... the only one that made it out alive.

Discussion starter · #20 ·
61992-35010

Part #: 61992-35010
Name: Protector

Re-Usable? Yes, technically

There are two bendable clip parts - arms on the sides and a tab on the face - which can be bent to allow the clip to release. In practice, there is no access to these clips to release them so you'll be using brute force which usually destroys the clip. If the parts separate without breaking the clip, you can then release the clip and re-use it later.

Expect to break it when removing it.

Used In:

• Fastening the lower, outside A-pillar cowls to the fender & body.

See Also:

Additional clips used in the a-pillar cowl: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/for...pedia-fj-cruiser-fasteners-2.html#post9205022

Attachments

Discussion starter · #21 ·
75395-35070

Part #: 75395-35070
Name: Clip, Outside Moulding, No. 1

Re-Usable? No

Used In:

• Fastening the plastic hood trim with the fake hood scoop to the hood metal
  • Fastening the plastic splash guard strip behind the front fender, below the front door hinges (facing out the side of the car)

Attachments

Discussion starter · #46 ·
64726-52010-b1

Part #: 64726-52010-B1

Re-Usable? Yes

Used In:

• Fastening the footwell trim to the center console's lower piece - the one with the rectangular buttons.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #48 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.