Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the Vland halo headlights. I had some for a short time, I loved the look but when I turned on the high beams they shut off. I was tired of messing with them and was near my window of returning them for a full refund so I returned them. I have found very few reviews of them online but have found a couple that have had a similar issue with them shutting off when you attempt to turn on high beams.
Anyone on here know much about these, thinking about ordering more and taking them somewhere to be professionally installed and hopefully that will make a difference. As far as physically installing them they are easy but diagnosing an issue like this is where I run into trouble. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yup. Mine did the same thing; I solved it. Full write-up here: LED Headlight and Taillight Upgrade.

Short version: You have to reverse the polarity of the included "diode" blocks - swap the two wires in the plug so they mate up to the opposite wire than how it came. That should get correct operation of low+high beams. I took mine to my mechanic at first, too, asking for ideas but they came up dry. I spent a week with a multimeter probing and measuring everything, and drawing circuit diagrams, in order to be able to figure out what the likely issue and solution was.

P.S. See my post above for more ideas for enhancements to these headlight assemblies...

I mean, uh, don't install them nobody should run them but me :D

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the Vland halo headlights. I had some for a short time, I loved the look but when I turned on the high beams they shut off. I was tired of messing with them and was near my window of returning them for a full refund so I returned them. I have found very few reviews of them online but have found a couple that have had a similar issue with them shutting off when you attempt to turn on high beams.
Anyone on here know much about these, thinking about ordering more and taking them somewhere to be professionally installed and hopefully that will make a difference. As far as physically installing them they are easy but diagnosing an issue like this is where I run into trouble. Any advice would be appreciated.
Send them to me and I'll make them work on your FJ. PM me for my info/address.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a set and the DRL & indicators work but the lamps will not turn on. Fortunately ( I work nights ) the DRL are bright enough to get me home at night. Anyone have any suggestions ( I’m not electrically savvy) can’t get it into the shop until next week and I would prefer to remedy myself. Please help !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts