Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a volant CAI but am hesitant because i cant find any info that says the engine cover can still be used with the CAI. I know for a fact the Airaid CAI does not allow the use of the engine cover. The trd and aFe do allow it to be used. Volant info is MIA. I emailed daniel over at volant 3 days ago and am still waiting on that answer.

if not i am curious to know if there is a post that shows modifications made to an engine cover that allows its use with the airaid or volant CAI? search function has brought back nothing. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Welcome from Philo, OH! I'm supercharged now so I don't have the engine cover on and can't take a pic but it does fit with the Volant. It's a little cattywampus but it's secure enough and looks good. I ran mine that way under all conditions for 6 or more months no problems.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I am about to purchase a volant CAI but am hesitant because i cant find any info that says the engine cover can still be used with the CAI. I know for a fact the Airaid CAI does not allow the use of the engine cover. The trd and aFe do allow it to be used. Volant info is MIA. I emailed daniel over at volant 3 days ago and am still waiting on that answer.

if not i am curious to know if there is a post that shows modifications made to an engine cover that allows its use with the airaid or volant CAI? search function has brought back nothing. Thanks.
Did you order the Volant?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts