Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

481 - 498 of 498 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
Kokopelli Trail run - April 28-29, 2012

Well the trail was MUCH tougher than I had imagined.

Had more than a few scary moments out there but it was a blast and very beautiful.

Thanks to Jess for putting it together and to everyone else for the spots and camaraderie.

Jess and her trailer.

Bob and his trailer.

We took a wrong turn and ended up in a tight wash - here is Jess getting out.

Looking down on the backside of Fisher Towers from Top-Of-The-World.

Rose Garden hill.

The end of the trail, back down into Moab.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Obviously, I missed out on a good time. I know things can change over time but I'd be curious what the really tough spots were.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #485
Well, there was a really tight spot going around a large boulder on a marrow shelf road very near the start of the trail just after Castle Rock that I got real tippy going around. It was my bad, I turned up into the hill way too much and nearly soiled my pants there.

Then we took a really tough section after we came down from Top-of-the-World that we probably should have gone around. I got way to close to the edge going up a series of hairy ledges and started to bounce right and got pretty close to going off the ledge. I was following Jess who had made it up with her trailer, but she is a better driver than me, and she has 35's as well. Several folks decided to go around after seeing me get close to the edge at this spot. It was a pucker factor 5 for sure.

Then in this same section I again turned up into the hill in another really tight narrow spot with a little wash out and got real close to going over again. I really need to stop doing that. :)

Then the Rose Garden was pretty tricky as well - Jess got high centered and we had to tug her back with my winch while I was in a place that was less than ideal - pointing nose down a lot - but this wasn't really that bad compared to the other stuff.

Anyway - it was just much tougher than I was expecting I guess.

Always a thrill - :cheers:

-

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
The trail is just under 150 miles long and took us 2 full days.

-

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Thanks for the info Vince. I think I know where you mean on that first one but can't picture the others soooo . . . guess I'll have to check 'em out when I get a chance.

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,558 Posts
Getting ready for summer here in SoCal - Surf's Up!

-
:bigthumb:awesome. do it x3.

Only thing i might change is make the angle of the trim match the angle of the front body line behind the fender flare.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
On the beach and on the dunes, Pismo Beach, Turf 'N Surf 2012.

-

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Beautiful pictures, as always! :)

A little disappointed that you didn't go ahead with the woody mod. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
:rofl:

Hey Jess - cheers...

:cheers:

-

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
If you check out the pics Ace recently posted from his Kokopelli trip in October, he's got some nice shots of the difficult areas you mentioned a number of posts ago. I just posted a reply in it, so it should be near the top of the active topics. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #495

-

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #497

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,192 Posts
Ivan and I have teamed up to produce a bunch of FJ themed T-shirts.

Please like our page and buy a few T-shirts too! Cheers...

Look at the photo "Albums" for all the T-shirt designs being offered.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FJ-Crew/129320947238836

-
I just tried to order one, but I'm a facebook retard, so let me know if the order went through :)

BTW: Love the tilt-shift - looks like a die-cast with mods!

481 - 498 of 498 Posts