·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I know you have heard it alot, but I admire your rig. Very well thought out bud. Hopefully I can see you on the trails soon.
Thanks Cody, see you out on the trail...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great pics and I'm sure you have great memories to go with them. I would appreciate a shot of how you cut the Tuffy box to fit Subwoofer. I was about to order a box but saw your post. Thanks.

Ray

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Good job Vince! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Nice set up Vince....You are my inspiration for ordering the tuffy box.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Got the old 1951 Harry Ferguson TO20 going today.

It makes me feel good to cut down the Weeds and clean up the Horse yard.

Cut down a lot of weeds already…

Runs like a bomb…

Not gunna get stuck in this…

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
:lol: Where did you find that?! So it'll cut the lawn and aerate it at the same time? :D I can't believe that thing runs. Cool find Vince.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I moved my Hi-Lift jack down onto the front ARB bumper.

It was on my ARB roof rack, but it was very noisey up there.

My rack has a full mess floor, and I think it really transfered and amplified all the noise.

It is still pretty noisey on the front bumper, but not as bad.

I need to lash down all the rattles soon.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Vince,
Your rig is just AWESOME! Your ideas mirror mine very closely! As I get some CASH together, you will see the VDB build-up as well! Expedition all the way!
Bob

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
as for the rattles on the highlift...we took the plate off and the lever handle.. those seem to be what made all the noise. We've got the spare on the top, I think ourselves and the ARB rig are the only rigs with the spare on top... it's not the greatest on tippy trails. It definitely makes a difference with the weight on top.. but if your main goal is for an expedition vehicle... it should be no problem ;)

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Now, I think I get the gist of the antenna/guise markers on the arb, but could I hear the explanation from you Voolhoo?
Hey Cody, I use them kind of like curb scrappers, to tell me where the edge of the big ARB bumper is. I was going to take them off when I got used to the ARB, but I have really gooten used to them now.

Great pics and I'm sure you have great memories to go with them. I would appreciate a shot of how you cut the Tuffy box to fit Subwoofer. I was about to order a box but saw your post. Thanks.

Ray
No problem Ray, see below!

Good job Vince! :bigthumb:
Thanks much...

Nice set up Vince....You are my inspiration for ordering the tuffy box.
Thanks Tim :bigthumb:

:lol: Where did you find that?! So it'll cut the lawn and aerate it at the same time? :D I can't believe that thing runs. Cool find Vince.
Hey Tony, I bought the tractor from my neighbor, the son of Walter Knott. The tractor was originally owned by Knotts berry Farm. I am the second owner. I really does run great.

Vince,
Your rig is just AWESOME! Your ideas mirror mine very closely! As I get some CASH together, you will see the VDB build-up as well! Expedition all the way!
Bob
Thanks Bob - :bigthumb:

as for the rattles on the highlift...we took the plate off and the lever handle.. those seem to be what made all the noise. We've got the spare on the top, I think ourselves and the ARB rig are the only rigs with the spare on top... it's not the greatest on tippy trails. It definitely makes a difference with the weight on top.. but if your main goal is for an expedition vehicle... it should be no problem ;)
Hi Athena - good advice on the Hi-Lift. I actually don't have my spare ontop yet (that picture is of the ARB rig with a little photoshopping to make it look like my rig). How do you attach the spare up there? I would like to see a picture of your rig with the spare on top. Thanks...

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Here are some shots of my Tuffy Box installed and modified to fit with the OEM Sub speaker.

The mod is pretty simple, you have to cut the rear wing support (the brace behind the back seat) on that side and that is pretty easy (I actually did it with a hack saw).

The harder cut is for the hinged lid on that side.

Its not really all that hard, but not something you would want to try with a hack saw.

I had a friend make the cut for me at the Disney Imagineering shop.

He also notched out a grip handle to match the other side.

A little sanding and some black spray paint, and it’s ready to install.

The install is very easy and straight forward.

Tuffy’s instructions are good, and all the hardware was included.

Here is a shot of the trimmed lid (with the notched handle) opened. You can see several map bags in there.

A shot of the back side showing the trimmed rear wing support. The cut is just straight down along the front edge of sub speaker (simple and easy to figure out). You can see my power strip cord coming out right where the cut starts (and comes straight up from there). I have a power strip in my inverter now so it’s easier to get stuff plugged in. The power strip in double backed tapped to the top of the sub (works great)

This is a shot of the other side (no mod needed here) showing that rear wing support not trimmed.

These are the map bags I have on that side (more on the other side)

Here is a shot of the trimmed lid closed (note the grab handle). Also notice the power strip on top of the sub.

I use a rug with a rubber backing that I bought at Lowes to lay down across the top of the metal box. I also use it as an entrance for our tent when campimg.

Next I put the rubber FJ cargo mat on top of that (fits perfectly)

Shot of other side. The cargo mat only goes over that far.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the photos of the Tuffy Box installation - you did a great job as usual. I like the idea of the hand cutouts and I have a friend who can help. Having the lock box will sure give me peace of mind.

Ray

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Forget the box, let's see that tractor in action! Are you going to restore it? I bet the tires are older then me.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Does everyone have one of these?

The Boneyard.

The place where all the old parts go when the new parts go on.

Mine are all over the place:

The factory skids leaning up against the shed

Shocks and rear bumper parts by the fence

Bumper wings stuck up in the tree

Front bumper by the cans (I just gave this away to Eric)

Running boards out by the big tree (recently given away to John)

I’m sure there must be other stuff around somewhere.

Time to clean up!

If anybody wants any of this (FJ) stuff, come get it (I won't be shipping anything).

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
48,000 miles now.

No problems at all.

I am in LOVE with this rig.

I do need new brakes finally.

This is by FAR, the best vehicle I have ever had.

41 - 60 of 498 Posts