Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the Voodoo Blue FJ owners.

My favorite car color is silver, however I am really intrigueed by the Voodoo blue color (something about it, very nice).

My couple questions are...

Any issues with swirl marks after waxing (like on some black trucks)-sorry, and I love black.

Also, does the color get to you, basically does it get old over time, or fast?

I am leaning towards silver, however I saw a blue one the other day (in person), and it was really nice.

I had Blue Subaru WRX (of course a bit different blue), but It never got old on me (maybe I always associated the rally aspects of it.

Just want your opinion to my stupid questions.

Thanks

Jacl

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well, TI and TT white won't show daily dirt like Blue. So, if that might also be a factor for you to consider. Around here, normal winters = messy looking vehicle, so it isn't so bad with TI. Also, minor paint knicks blend in better with TI vs. one of the more intense colors. I don't think these issues are unique to the FJ. Good luck with your choice...

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
The big issue for me in chosing the Ti was that the interior color placement of the Ti blended well with the interior. No matter what color FJ you get the exterior color shows up on the dash and around the doors on the interior. THe silver and the black blend in better than the colors IMHO.

I also plan to repaint down the line after enogh trail rash and dents, having silver on the interior parts means if I change the color outside I dont have to change the iinterior colors.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mirrors will match the Ti as well... rather then tri colored with other fj colors...

·
Registered
467 Posts
I had an '07 Titanium up until about a month ago when I traded it in for an '08 TT SE. If not for the special edition equipment, I would have kept the old one. It cleaned up nicely after going off road and hid scratches pretty well with some polishing work and color wax. On the other hand, the Voodoo Blue FJs sure do look nice on and off road!

Either way you won't go wrong!

·
Registered
365 Posts
VooDoo or doo-doo... I love mine. It shows the trail pinstripes pretty clearly, but this rig wasn't made to be waxed...

·
fka Memphibious FJ
1,470 Posts
I actually intended to buy a silver FJ and ended up going with the blue, and I have never regretted it. I am more fond of the color now then ever. Also the VooDoo Blue FJs will make you younger and better looking than the boring old silver FJ owners. :lol:

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Titanium is the way to go! I've owned several dark colored vehicles and they always appear dirty and show every scratch regardless of size.

Plus they are cooler both in appearance and temperature wise!

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
I actually intended to buy a silver FJ and ended up going with the blue, and I have never regretted it. I am more fond of the color now then ever. Also the VooDoo Blue FJs will make you younger and better looking than the boring old silver FJ owners. :lol:
X2... I was leaning towards the TI, when my wife said "You can buy your FJ, if you get the Voodoo". Never looked back.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I love my Ti.....Like has been said it looks clean even when it isn't. Only vehicle I have ever owned that I could simply pressure spray and drive away looking clean....LOVE IT.....

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Funny, I just went from a WRB WRX to a Ti FJ. (Well, I'm still trying to sell the WRX.)

I went with Ti for a few reasons, one of which was that I was really tired of the long stares that blue WRX drew from every single officer of the law that saw it. (I never got pulled over once, but sometimes I was followed for miles.) It was as bad as when I was a teenager driving a red mustang . . . after that I wanted something a little more anonymous! (I know what the rest of you are thinking -- FJ anonymous?!? -- but trust me, compared to a blue WRX it is.) Same argument goes for yellow, which otherwise would have been my first choice. I actually probably would have bought one in yellow if I'd come across one with all the options I wanted, it was just fate that the first one I found with the options I wanted was a Ti. If I'd had to order one, it would have been Ti.

Other considerations: we spend a fair amount of time out in the desert and I wanted a light colored vehicle, so that pretty much ruled out black (my favorite all other considerations aside) or blue. And probably along with my overall want for more of a low key vehicle, I like the look of the black and Ti FJs, the color matched interior panels fit in better. And as others have noted, the Ti doesn't show dirt -- I'm trying to sell the WRX now, it's parked next to the FJ, and I find myself touching up the detailing on the WRX just about every day, and I can't see anything short of bird crap on the FJ.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
neither one. get a SF. :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts