Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enough w/ the cuteness... I wanna see some mean looking Voodoo blue FJ's!!! Where are they? Post pics guys, I'm tired of my FJ looking so tame, but I don't know where to start to beef it up. Voodoo blue pics only please :) Thanks!

·
Premium Member
742 Posts

Not terribly mean looking but definitely having fun.

EDIT: heh heh, wrong pic entered first time

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Cute, ugly, badass... Voodoo rules!!:clap: In about a week or so she is gonna be much, much more wicked.

:rocker:

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Thanks man! She is about to undergo some major transformations. I'll put together a build thread after this sunday when I get some good pics of the installs.
You're looking sweet yourself :cheers:. Man, You pic is making me drool. I can't wait to get out west again. Mud and sand are a lot of fun, but I want to play on some rocks!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Thanks, it is slowly turning into another show your voodoo only thread, haha. I mean, come on, it was the concept vehicle color, of course it is the best color.

·
Registered
365 Posts
check it...
dusty...

clean/poseur...

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

Not terribly mean looking but definitely having fun.

EDIT: heh heh, wrong pic entered first time
Seriously!!!??? do i see seatbelts holding on the hi-lift. That is awesome.

I need to get one of those winch hook holder things like you have on your fairlead. Mine is clanking around.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Seriously!!!??? do i see seatbelts holding on the hi-lift. That is awesome.

I need to get one of those winch hook holder things like you have on your fairlead. Mine is clanking around.
heh heh. No, those are some 2" industrial kayak straps. Bought the Hi-Lift that day in Moab and didn't have a mounting device yet, so I McGyvered it to the ARB bull bar for the trip. I've since built a custom mount from high pressure hydraulic clamps that monts anyplace on the ARB roof rack, including inside it where it's hard to reach without the doors open to prevent theft.

Yeah, the winch block didn't do the whole trick. I also modified the side rollers by removing the crappy pin, and replacing it with the exact same size of bolt threaded just enough to barely put some pressure from the tabbed ends onto the side rollers to keep them quiet once the nut is tightened. I live on an unforgiving dirt road up in the mountains and it was driving me to drink with all the rattling.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
That is a good idea. To mount the winch you are suppose to remove the side rollers, but i didn't have a tool to remove the clamp on the bottom, so i just had to get a socket in there all side ways to tighten down the lower winch bolts. This would make that easier also.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Here are some "cute" shots. :)

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
That is a good idea. To mount the winch you are suppose to remove the side rollers, but i didn't have a tool to remove the clamp on the bottom, so i just had to get a socket in there all side ways to tighten down the lower winch bolts. This would make that easier also.
The tool is a good one to have. Get one of the circle clamp tools that has multiple size and shaped tips. Keep it in your FJ tool kit. You'll be glad you did.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts