• CO-Jeff

Votes: 70 32.3%
  • air

Votes: 10 4.6%
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
The theme of this month's contest was to take a photo in front of some sort of historical or cultural monument. The winner will recieve $100 towards the purchase of any product with any supporting vendor of the forum.

Here are the entries:

Corey writes:
Greenwater is on the outskirts of Mt Rainier National Park.

Up where we were this past Saturday the famous Naches Trail the pioneers came over from the East to the Western side of Washington state.

We were up not far from there, but you can not drive clear upto it now, to much snow.

The pioneers had to even lower their wagons down steep cliffs using rawhide straps.

The Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail winds in and out of the district on its way from Mexico to Canada, and crosses parts of the Naches.
The Pacific Crest trail is a very famous hiking trail from Canada to Mexico.

More historical info on the area.
http://www.nwjeepn.com/naches1.htm

Tony5150RN took a photo of his FJ at the southernmost point in the United States:

sandabbe writes:
Here is our FJ, up in the Santa Ana Mts. behind our house, at what is known as Beeks Place, This hand made Rock home was Built by Beek himself, he lived up there as a lookout to the Pacific during World War II to alert the Government if he saw enemy ships and or subs! There used to be a 3 story tower(Forest service and wind knocked it down to 1 story) with crows nests and the like for him to view the ocean with his binoculars.

FJ4GD took a picture at the Spam Museum in Austin, MN. Who knew?
I love SPAM…SPAMMY, SPAM, SPAM…Here it goes down, down into my belly…

SPAM played an important role in feeding the Allied Forces during World War II and has been around since 1937. To me that makes this a picture of something historic. It’s also the only SPAM I want to receive!

BayAreaBilly took his photo in perhaps one of the most recognizable spots on the planet.

fivestar13 took his photo in Huntsville, AL. Read the sign for a description of what went on here:

Air2Air shows off his tricked out FJ in front of a historic WWII-era plane (a C47) in Chino, CA:

HMardueno took a trip out to the Hoover Dam. Ever been there? It's freakin' huge!

CO-Jeff writes:
Balanced Rock is one of the main features of Arches National Park, situated in Utah, United States. The big rock on top is the size of three school buses.

And finally, air, who lives in Washington D.C., took a picture in front of the Holiday Inn.

Voting will close in 3 days.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Nothing here for this one.....

CO-Jeff writes:

Quote:
Balanced Rock is one of the main features of Arches National Park, situated in Utah, United States. The big rock on top is the size of three school buses.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing here for this one.....

CO-Jeff writes:

Quote:
I see it.

It's this pic:

Can no one else see that?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I voted for Tony, Key West, an original historic place!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I voted for Billy...That picture needs to be the offical FJ postcard (IMO). Nevertheless, they all are great looking pics.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Sorry......still can't see it. :slant: I guess I'm not the only one. I don't want to use my vote before seeing all the pics. thanks.....Hammerhead

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Vote all ya want folks..............the winner will be another black one with $3 milion worth of options, just like last molnth, and the month before, etc etc

Here's a novel idea.........how about maybe a dirty one.........not pimped with $$$$$........just one that's being enjoyed for what it's worth.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The theme of this month's contest was to take a photo in front of some sort of historical or cultural monument. The winner will recieve $100 towards the purchase of any product with any supporting vendor of the forum.

Here are the entries:

Corey writes:

Tony5150RN took a photo of his FJ at the southernmost point in the United States:

sandabbe writes:

FJ4GD took a picture at the Spam Museum in Austin, MN. Who knew?

BayAreaBilly took his photo in perhaps one of the most recognizable spots on the planet.

fivestar13 took his photo in Huntsville, AL. Read the sign for a description of what went on here:

Air2Air shows off his tricked out FJ in front of a historic WWII-era plane (a C47) in Chino, CA:

HMardueno took a trip out to the Hoover Dam. Ever been there? It's freakin' huge!

And finally, air, who lives in Washington D.C., took a picture in front of the Holiday Inn.

Voting will close in 3 days.

now it should work

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CO-Jeff's photo should now be visible.

·
NWFJCC Moderator
2,801 Posts
voted for CO-Jeff. Love Arches National Park. When I was a boy there was a smaller secion of rock at the base of Balancing Rock> Like a cats tail. My famlie has called it the cat since then.Brings back great memories.Thanks

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
BaY Area Billys pic- looks like a post card and Has the most historical significance, so he wins for best pic and best pic according to the rules of this months contest.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
[edit] removed

1 - 20 of 101 Posts