Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at wally world earlier today and saw what I believe was a VR3? head unit. Has Nav/DVD/Mp3 blah blah blah and stuff, lol. I not a stereo expert but it seemed pretty nice and was running $388.00. Anyone else seen this? Thought, opinions? Just seemed like a more economical solution for an in dash Nav unit.

·
Registered
416 Posts
4" screen can be hard to look at. Sounds like a generic brand, why not try Ebay? You could get a generic deck with a 6" screen around the same price.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I actually installed this unit a couple of months ago. Picked it up brand new for 250.00 With a wiring harness and conversion bracket, this is a breeze to install. For anyone that doesn't have a grand to spend on an in dash gps, this is definitely a good alternative.

Hight points:
GPS
DVD
MP3
Wakes up stock speakers

Low points:
Screen is not as nice as the 7" that the high end units use.
Buttons are small and hard to read

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually installed this unit a couple of months ago. Picked it up brand new for 250.00 With a wiring harness and conversion bracket, this is a breeze to install. For anyone that doesn't have a grand to spend on an in dash gps, this is definitely a good alternative.

Hight points:
GPS
DVD
MP3
Wakes up stock speakers

Low points:
Screen is not as nice as the 7" that the high end units use.
Buttons are small and hard to read
Did you get it in the store or Walmart.com?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi FJ Marine. I actually got it new in the box off of ebay. If you find a trusted seller, it's beats paying 400.00 from Wally World.

·
Banned
463 Posts
For about $150 more you can get the Pioneer D3 which has more features and a better screen, etc. I've actually messed around with this unit at Wal-Mart and it feels cheap and the screen is hard to read even at eye level. I have no idea about the sound quality of the unit either. I knoy VR3 makes the wireless backup camera that some people on here like but the quality was terrible. On the plus side, it IS Wal-Mart and you can always return it if you don't like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts