Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a hard day of wheel'n, my vsc light and vsc trac light will not go off.

I had an insident where I slid into a burm and really messed up the alignment on the driver front. The rear cam on the lower a arm was pushed all the way back. After a feild repair to get the truck the track kinda straight, the vsc lighs won't turn off.

I think its the abs sensor. It was very muddy out there. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot?

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update:

Both the VSC Trac and VSC off light is on.

I am going to look at the truck tonight and clean things up so see if there is lose conection or something?

Any thoughts?

John

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
First off, you need to go get it aligned. That will let you know if anything is bent. Then dis-connect your battery for ten min or so and this will clear the lights. If the lights come back on then I would start to look at the wheel sensors. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
X2 on the allignment, if the steering wheel is too off center all those lights will pop

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, I had made a similar post... check engine light, and all Vsc lights on... What I found was that a mouse had got under the hood, and under the plastic engne cover, and made a nest. I found this out by hooking up my code reader, and it pulled up a code, P0020. that is a cam position sensor, so i looked at the sensor, by removing the engine cover, only to find a mouse nest, and a chewed threw wire to that sensor, a little soldering and some electrical tape, and it is all fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts