Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2007 FJ, 4x4 and had my first opportunity to use the 4H in this snowstorm. I noticed that once in the 4H range the little FWD indicator light comes on in my dash but so does the indicator light that says "VSC OFF". Just wondering if that is normal?

I have to admit that I am a bit confused about the whole "RR DIFF LOCK" and "A-TRAC" buttons that I have on-board as well. Not really sure when to use them and what purpose they serve as I am an old Jeep J-10 guy.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Perfectly normal for the VSC (traction control) to turn off when in 4H. Rear Dif Lock is just what it says it is and is only operational in Low Range. The A-TRAC is a form of wheel slip control. A search will provide several threads where this has been discussed. They are a bit confusing compared to the Old School 4X4 controls.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just purchased a 2007 FJ, 4x4
Welcome! :wave:

I have to admit that I am a bit confused about the whole "RR DIFF LOCK" and "A-TRAC" buttons that I have on-board as well. Not really sure when to use them and what purpose they serve as I am an old Jeep J-10 guy.
Take a look at VSC, A-TRAC, ABS & DIFF LOCK: Explained for a very good summary of how each of these work and how to use them. That thread also contains links to some of the other threads on this forum where these items were discussed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: VSC "Off" Indicator 2010 Model is different

I have an automatic with 4x4. With 4-wheel high engaged the VSC stays on until you switch it off. After a period of time with it off it will come back on. Have not checked to see how long it takes to re-set but it did this while I was driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts