Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just need a little clarification. In the no-cut ATRAC hack, the blue wire with yellow stripe gets pulled out of the male connector and 12V power is applied to the wire. Pin hole number 11 (which previously held the blue wire with yellow stripe) is left empty when the male connector is snapped back in. According to your pictures, 12V power is supplied to the blue wire with yellow stripe towards the connector side (unlike the no-cut ATRAC approach). In other words, pin 11 on the male connectors side is powered and provides power to female side of the connector (obviously). Both approaches seem to disagree but maybe I'm looking at the pictures wrong. Please clarify if possible. By the way I have an 07 that I purchased in 06.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just need a little clarification.
In the no-cut ATRAC hack, the blue wire with yellow stripe gets pulled out of the male connector and 12V power is applied to the wire. Pin hole number 11 (which previously held the blue wire with yellow stripe) is left empty when the male connector is snapped back in. Correct

According to your pictures, 12V power is supplied to the blue wire with yellow stripe towards the connector side (unlike the no-cut ATRAC approach, they are both applying power in the same direction). In other words, pin 11 on the male connectors side is powered and provides power to female side of the connector (obviously) Other way, power is going female to male. Both approaches seem to disagree but maybe I'm looking at the pictures wrong. Please clarify if possible. By the way I have an 07 that I purchased in 06.

You have the same year model as me. I am applying power towards --> the male side. I am accomplishing this by taping the wire on the back of the female connector, which is dirrectly connected to the male side. The mistake would be cutting the wire on the back of the female side and then applying power to the wire Not Connected to the back of the female connector.

Let me know if this does not clear this up for you

·
Registered
209 Posts
In the no-cut ATRAC hack, the blue wire with yellow stripe gets pulled out of the male connector and 12V power is applied to the wire. Pin hole number 11 (which previously held the blue wire with yellow stripe) is left empty when the male connector is snapped back in. Correct

According to your pictures, 12V power is supplied to the blue wire with yellow stripe towards the connector side (unlike the no-cut ATRAC approach, they are both applying power in the same direction). In other words, pin 11 on the male connectors side is powered and provides power to female side of the connector (obviously) Other way, power is going female to male. Both approaches seem to disagree but maybe I'm looking at the pictures wrong. Please clarify if possible. By the way I have an 07 that I purchased in 06.

You have the same year model as me. I am applying power towards --> the male side. I am accomplishing this by taping the wire on the back of the female connector, which is dirrectly connected to the male side. The mistake would be cutting the wire on the back of the female side and then applying power to the wire Not Connected to the back of the female connector.

Let me know if this does not clear this up for you
Got it. Thanks for the detailed explanation. My confusion came from the fact that I cut in a different place when I originally did the ATRAC hack. I hope my question does not deter anyone from doing this. Your explanation is straight forward and the pictures are great.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it. Thanks for the detailed explanation. My confusion came from the fact that I cut in a different place when I originally did the ATRAC hack. I hope my question does not deter anyone from doing this. Your explanation is straight forward and the pictures are great.
Glad I could help, it is fun, cutting the VSC and flooring it at a light, you get all the power. zoom zoom Then you can turn it right back on, the ABS is important.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Is there a way to have the switch not illuminated for VSC 'on', and illuminated for VSC 'off'?
Take out the bulb in the switch.

Edited. Reread. Obviously a dumb answer, on my part.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there a way to have the switch not illuminated for VSC 'on', and illuminated for VSC 'off'?
Not unless you can rebuild the switch. It was designed to be illuminated when it is active.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
question, how do you get 12v power to the wire? i know it may be dumb, but im lazy and lost

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
question, how do you get 12v power to the wire? i know it may be dumb, but im lazy and lost
You can tap an empty fuse slot on the fuse panel that is on with the ignition.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
So is there no way to make the switch turn off vsc when it is lit / on instead of turning it off when the switch is off? (since the switch says vsc off) I would really like to do this but would like the switch to remain in the off position when just driving normally.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So is there no way to make the switch turn off vsc when it is lit / on instead of turning it off when the switch is off? (since the switch says vsc off) I would really like to do this but would like the switch to remain in the off position when just driving normally.
Nothing simple and I don't believe anyone has done it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ok, I'm in the middle of this mod but have some questions on the switch wiring (I'm electrically "challenged"). I've got my modified VSC cancel switch ready to go but I am slightly confused on where to hook up ground and power for the switch. Is using the fuse panel best? I know this is basic but I'm trying to the install as clean as possible. Thanks.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Ok, I'm in the middle of this mod but have some questions on the switch wiring (I'm electrically "challenged"). I've got my modified VSC cancel switch ready to go but I am slightly confused on where to hook up ground and power for the switch. Is using the fuse panel best? I know this is basic but I'm trying to the install as clean as possible. Thanks.:cheers:
Use an add a fuse mini and connect it to one of the key (blue) fuse slots, you'll need two fuses.

This information has been moved (Click Link) due to the closing of contributing Member’s threads.
For the ground, the bottom of this post show a factory ground bolt.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/20183-how-install-heated-wiper-blades.html

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sweet! I think I've got it all straight. I'm waiting on a couple more parts and I'll be good to go. I'll post my results and thanks for the excellent write up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey can u like do a you tube video for me i see what ur talking about some times and lost other times i think the red wires are getting me

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey can u like do a you tube video for me i see what ur talking about some times and lost other times i think the red wires are getting me
Read all my responses to comments in this thread, I explained it and reexplained it many times to others. This may help clear it up for you.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Thanks for bumping this, I still need to do it and now can easily reference!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts