Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I just bought an FJ today and all was going well until the VSC TRAC and ABS light came on. The lights turned off off once I got home and restarted. I decided to play with the with rear diff lock and notice the vsc trac and abs light all lit up along with RR. What does this mean? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Go to the auto parts store and have them read your OBDII codes with their reader. There might be a stored code from the event when the "christmas tree" lights came on, there also might be some "pending" codes. Those will provide clues to what caused it, do a search here on whatever code number it is, as there have been some threads where folks then did the deep detective work to find the true root cause of some of the tricky ones.

finally, if there are NO codes, but the lights do come on from time to time (and then go off again), then check your brake lights are working every time. There was an issue where the brake light switch would intermittently fail and the system could detect it and throw those lights as a message, but no code was recorded. The switch is inexpensive, it only takes a few minutes to change, and the new switches seem to have a countermeasure to prevent reoccurrence.

Regarding the individual lights coming on when you operate the off road devices, that is normal. Here is a chart of each one which might help better than the sea of words in the owners manual about them.

Norm

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts