Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie Here. When i put my manual transmission FJ into four high, all three of these lights come on ( VSC OFF, VSC TRAC , traction control ) until i turn the ignition switch off and back on. going back to 2WD doesn't turn them off. is this normal? also it has a brand new transmission. so I'm wondering if the dealership screwed up and doesn't want to admit it. please help. PART_1514938082693_IMG_20180101_170217.jpg

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
My lights go out when I shift back to H (unlocked) from LL or HL without turning off the ignition. Have you tried moving a short distance to see if they go out after you shift? Or shift while moving?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess the first answer I need is that normal for all three of these lights to come on when shifted to high locked?

·
Premium Member
12,968 Posts
Yes the lights are normal when shifting the transfer case into HL.

Quite often in takes a bit of time when shifting the transfer case back into H for things to disengage. If you lightly hold the transfer case lever between for your fingers you can actually feel when the transfer case disengages.

Reactions: rcgr2004

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Yes the lights are normal when shifting the transfer case into HL.

Mine must be messed up then. I only get the locked diff signal in high locked. I get the other three in low locked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
12,968 Posts
Mine must be messed up then. I only get the locked diff signal in high locked. I get the other three in low locked.

Well sh!t.....now I'm doubting......time for a test drive to see.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
In 4hi you should only have the green 4x4 light and one of the other 3 orange lights ON( VSC ). In 4Low all 3 will be on plus the green 4wd indicator light.

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
In 4hi you should only have the green 4x4 light and one of the other 3 orange lights ON( VSC ). In 4Low all 3 will be on plus the green 4wd indicator light.

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

For a MT?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Obviously 2007 and 2014 are different. I guess I probably have a problem that needs to be looked at by the stealership. Hell, they probably caused the problem putting in the new transmission.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts