Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Thats the ultimate tow/camping thingy,they just don't float very good to the US,British made i wish there would be a seller here in the us

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
I just had a VW rally here at my park...The Brits are chopping up stuff thats in better condition then what you can find driving around here! Just ship them over here and they would buy em' up...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Very cute, but how can a vehicle that can barely make it up hills tow something loaded with gear? I had a microbus and one would think that the weight of the engine plus the weight of a fitted out "caravan" in tow would really put lead in yer pants (and stress the rear axle) for both gas and making the speed limit....Perhaps all the roads in England are flat?:confused:

·
Registered
171 Posts
You must have had a ragged out bus. I have owned about 40 VWs over the years, towed my pop up with my 69, and 72 bus. Put over 324000 mi on the 69, my self, dont even know how many actual miles were on it before me. A stock 1600 cc VW motor, add come headers, ratio rockers duel 1bbl carbs and a 009 dist. and you will get a completely reliable 80-90 hp and 35mpg. You could pull that bus camper all day long no sweat. not gonna win any races but it will cruise fine.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mine had a new (used) engine put in it, but I did not drive it much as it was stolen soon afterwards...:-( And I lived at high elevations at the time with lots of climbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts