Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Four integrated light mounts in front and two rear. The removable wind foil makes it much quieter than original configuration. Follows the natural curve of the OEM roof rack and increases load capacity. Does not interfere with RTT on stock roof rack. A long surfboard will fit between the RTT and the basket base with the air dam removed. North San Diego County pick up only. All hardware included $400.00

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
so this does not replace the oem rack? it drops in-between the bars?
Correct, it drops in just like the Baja basket except it is full-length and is twice as heavy (steel). It greatly increases carry capacity. You can actually stand on it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sure is a nice basket.
Thanks, it is a WAAG XS that is no longer made to my knowledge. I like it better than the Baja basket except that I had to make my own wind deflector. The noise without the deflector was like a hammer to the skull, but not anymore.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
so this does not replace the oem rack? it drops in-between the bars?
It complements the OEM rack nicely. I actually had a Baja Basket before switching to this one. This sits a little higher than the OEM rack bars or the Baja Basket, but it is much more useful. It does not affect the height of my RTT due to the required leveling of the natural curve using Thule cross bars. Plus, if I take off the fairing, I can put camping gear or a surfboard under my RTT with this bad boy installed. The Baja Basket was virtually useless with the RTT other than adding strength and structure. The last pic is the Baja Basket for comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have this basket ! Did you fab the wind deflector and does it actually work?
I designed the deflector myself and my father in law did the fabrication. He rebuilds old cars and has some serious skills and tools.

It does work well. Without it, I was getting a distinct howling sound above 30 mph. With it in place, it is not completely silent, but definitely much more tolerable. It is as good as the baja rack insert basket deflector that I had before. PM me and I could probably get another made for you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts