Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys take a look at the pics, and provide me with your unbiased opinion on this new rack, tell me what do you like or what you don't, please be objective, bear in mind that the adjustable cross bars and brackets for accesories need to be added, they are working on that.

Oops, sorry guys, file is too large, please follow this link to look at the pics

WAAG "semi final" rack

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Looks like a Gobi Ranger look-a-like.

Not that that is wrong, don't take it the wrong way...

Are you the dealer for the WAAG rack, by chance?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Updated pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
The link above is for the basket install. The link in the first post shows a complete OEM rack replacement, I believe.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Guys take a look at the pics, and provide me with your unbiased opinion on this new rack, tell me what do you like or what you don't, please be objective, bear in mind that the adjustable cross bars and brackets for accesories need to be added, they are working on that.

Oops, sorry guys, file is too large, please follow this link to look at the pics

WAAG "semi final" rack

Quality of both is great. I went with the basket insert given I had the stock rack. Very high quality construction, 1" tubing, good coating, useful light tabs up front, useless in the rear (can't get to them to mount anything). Very satisfied with the basket. I hope this helps. See my build for more.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Thanks for the photos, Recon.

I like the styling of the rack insert. Looks nice, with that angled front end, and fills that dead-space of the stock rack well. I've added this to my list, as the cheaper alternative to the Gobi Stealth...

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Thanks for the photos, Recon.

I like the styling of the rack insert. Looks nice, with that angled front end, and fills that dead-space of the stock rack well. I've added this to my list, as the cheaper alternative to the Gobi Stealth...
No problem. That's how I came out too. I think I paid $500 which included shipping and the looks are as good as the functionality. I'm very happy with it and it doesn't add much to the overall height of the rack. Glad to help.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
that rack is beautiful man makes me wanna take my oem rack off and toss it in the trash

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Ok here I go my so called AAR for this rack though I have yet to see in person.

The Good:
Bigger Tubes, Mesh Flooring, Good bends

The Bad:
Mounting system, Not Wide Enough, Does not follow front roof lines (unused space)

How To Improve: Better Mounting system like ARB style, Widen that sucker out to the edges of the roof (think Safety Devices Safari Rack here), Lengthen front and follow front roof line above trim at windshield, Allow holes in mesh flooring at strategic points for mounting hardware, extend mesh flooring all the way back and to the front more, Cross bar in front before front light tabs to keep cargo from destroying lights, Tabs up front for limb risers, some sort of air damn from roof to rack, light mounts up front staggered middle two tabs an inch higher than the outer tabs up front, composite flooring add on for the future upgrades, Possibility of extra tubes coming down off of rack following roofline to protect roof from stray branches while wheeling, tabs in the rear instead of current light system to mount work lamps. removable cross bars to help secure pelican or hardigg type cases.

This would be a dream rack for me. Just now to find someone to build what I see in my head.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts