Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody considered waiting for the new 2007 wrangler 4-door to come out before pulling the trigger on an FJ? If it looks like the rescue concept, it could be pretty nice.....or jeep could totally blow it. I wouldn't be surprised if they blew it since they let Hummer beat them to market by years in presenting a military inspired SUV and SUT (even though the H2 is a total joke). Anyway, I think I read that the new wrangler will be at the Detroit show in 3 weeks. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I will be waiting. There seem to be a lot of great SUVs in the pipeline at a lot of manufacturers. I want to wait so I can compare the FJ Cruiser to the 4 door Wrangler, the Xterra, and the H3.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I am happy to hear that you are all waiting. Takes a little pressure off of my having to wait an extra month or two to put down the deposit on my FJ. Good lookin' out!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Percy you better hurry up. I put my deposit down on an FJC today (in Houston). I'm not generally an early adopter. Heck I ate the idea of going to a movie when it's first released. Styling, build quality, and timing are the main reasons for me.

And with mixed feelings, here's my prediction: This will probably be the last fully gasoline powered new vehicle I will buy for myself in my lifetime.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I would agree with that. I don't see myself playing slave to the gasoline world too much longer. I love the FJ though and it hasn't quit calling to me in almost two years! I can't wait. As soon as the holidays are outta the way, the deposit will be placed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Jeep should have gone ahead with that Willys concept from a few years ago. I don't see any reason to wait, personally. It will still be a Chrysler, not my first choice, but, whatever blows your skirt up! ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
mpd8488 said:
I will be waiting. There seem to be a lot of great SUVs in the pipeline at a lot of manufacturers. I want to wait so I can compare the FJ Cruiser to the 4 door Wrangler, the Xterra, and the H3.

i don't think anything will come out that will give me the WHOLE package as the fjc will. Very capapble, very reliable and priced well.

Nothing will come out that is more capable stock (your pretty limited today with where you have keep your bumper height), nothing will be as reliable, and if what we were told is true the price will beat or be very competative with whatever is out now or in the near future.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can't wait to see the production 4-door Wrangler. Should be interesting. That was always my issue with the Wrangler: space.

A 2002 Honda Civic will bury an hybrid in cost of ownership and $$/per mile. Half the price, better highway gas mileage and great service records. Gas isn't going away, just people's judgement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Pancho,

I'm in Houston too. Did you use one of our local dealers? or did you have to go out 100 miles like other posts?

Sorry for the off topic question, I don't believe I'll be waiting for my next SUV-say maybe April (hell, this rig was designed for my age bracket; might as well make them right!)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
mpd8488 said:

ewww, he said h3

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
n6opv said:
Yeah, someone needs to fire up a fuh3.com to go with fuh2.com... Did I just say that? Don't we have something better to talk about?
nope. just stalling until pics and info comes in from greenville. tick tock tick tock

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I'm only waiting for the financial thing to work in my favor. The only other vehicle that could maybe potentially sort of turn my eye for a moment is the new Mustang GT convertable. But I haven't seen any reports of it making it to the Rubicon Trail....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts