Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
I like the transition between the bumper to skids... it's rare to see the full coverage....

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I love custom tube work and ingenuity, however, I am not a fan of the hoop design. It looks like a sad bulldog puppy. I love the design of the bumper itself, just not the hoop design.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks good. Does this bars get in the way of the headlights at all?

D
No, not really that is why the hoop bar is designed the way it was, i can see just fine. :)

Is this the same intense fab that recently shut down?
No, this guy actually had his site up and running in 2004! Funny when i first talked to him he did not know who the other intense fab was. His is spelled N10CE fab. If you click on the link below it take you to my video on youtube and his link is in the description of the video. :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/user/juvi81?feature=mhum

I love custom tube work and ingenuity, however, I am not a fan of the hoop design. It looks like a sad bulldog puppy. I love the design of the bumper itself, just not the hoop design.
Yeah at first thats what i thought too but it was designed that way so it didnt block the headlights, i think it will look even better when the lights are on it. :cheers:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the compliments!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
K everything about it is awesome except for one thing I noticed. The skid plate front edge is exposed to the front, I would think about having the front bash plate have a small bottom lip wrap around the front edge of the skid. I just keep imagining tanking a rock and that skid folding backwards instead of slipping over the top. Very nice though!!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
^^^true that holmes. i noticed that too. but other than that nice looking bumper. How much does it weigh?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
K everything about it is awesome except for one thing I noticed. The skid plate front edge is exposed to the front, I would think about having the front bash plate have a small bottom lip wrap around the front edge of the skid. I just keep imagining tanking a rock and that skid folding backwards instead of slipping over the top. Very nice though!!
yeah, noticed that too. Im thinking i will have the lip on the bottom skid rounded and bent upward if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Not bad.:bigthumb: If you want to recess those bolts on your skid, I can donate some of our cup washers. You would have to open up the mounting holes on the skid, but it would give you a much smoother surface. Let me know.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I was just checking out your video again, and I'm no structural engineer, but I would think you would want a support running up to the very end of the bumper on both sides. As it sits right now, I would think if you hit the far corners on either side, it would bend in. I hope this explanation makes since.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not bad.:bigthumb: If you want to recess those bolts on your skid, I can donate some of our cup washers. You would have to open up the mounting holes on the skid, but it would give you a much smoother surface. Let me know.
Got any pics? Dont know what they look like. I know the skid plate is not that thick, is that a problem? Thank you for the offer!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Here's a picture of the cups that he's talking about. They allow the bolts to be countersunk and thus protected. You will have to use a hole saw or stepped bit to make the plate holes a little bigger.

I know, I know. I should be a hand model.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's a picture of the cups that he's talking about. They allow the bolts to be countersunk and thus protected. You will have to use a hole saw or something to make the plate holes a little bigger.

I know, I know. I should be a hand model.

Yes Definitly, i'll take some. I will just have to buy shorter bolts right? I have a total of 16 for both the skids. Or do you think i will only need the 6 for the bottom skid? Whatever you can spare is much apprieciated. Let me know how much shipping is to 89103 and your paypal address and ill send shipping money. Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts