Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where is this?
It's a popular ATV area off sr-54 east of Zepherhills.

This hole has been well worked, but it's been pretty dry latey. There was over a foot of dry crust over the slimy stuff, and I just happend to break through, sitting hard between the rutts. It was so crusty I didn't get my boots soaked, yet.

There were some good ole boys that got stuck earlier there. They were parked under a tree drinking beer and waiting for the next sucker. I was riding with friends though who took the pick and yanked me out. Good times for all.

-John

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
When she misbehaves by spinning all fours, I gotta put her on a leash.

:lol: Looks like fun! How far from being free were you?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Looks like fun! How far from being free were you?[/QUOTE said:
The tires were in chewed-up slushy ruts. She has a 3" lift but was still sitting on her tummy.

There were wetter spots that day that didn't get stuck in, but others did.

-john

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Yikes, you were in some deep stuff! Look like it was deep enough for water to get inside. Did it?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Hmmmm, for some reason I had a different idea what this topic was about from the title. I wonder why your "dog(s)" got my attention.... :lol: :lol:

You sure a mudder aren't you John! :lol::clap:

Did you get new tires yet or are those still stock? With the serious mudding you do you need some heavy duty mud tires. :thinkerg::)

BTW-----

Just a heads up, I have heard ( from a couple of reliable sources) that there has been a couple of robberies in there and one person actually getting shot there the last few months. So be careful out there.

And I had a jeep buddy that went flying through one of those deep mud holes and hit something hard like an old tractor wheel or something under the water and tore off his exhaust manifold and his passenger smashed his head into the windshield and cracked the windshield. lol

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Hmmmm, for some reason I had a different idea what this topic was about from the title. I wonder why your "dog(s)" got my attention.... :lol: :lol:

You sure a mudder aren't you John! :lol::clap:

Did you get new tires yet or are those still stock? With the serious mudding you do you need some heavy duty mud tires. :thinkerg::)

BTW-----

Just a heads up, I have heard ( from a couple of reliable sources) that there has been a couple of robberies in there and one person actually getting shot there the last few months. So be careful out there.

And I had a jeep buddy that went flying through one of those deep mud holes and hit something hard like an old tractor wheel or something under the water and tore off his exhaust manifold and his passenger smashed his head into the windshield and cracked the windshield. lol
...and YOU of all people know about getting stuff ripped off of an FJ... :rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts