Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying a 2008 TRD FJ... Do you have any feedback for me on the vehicle? I have a 4Runner now (1999), and I want to purchase an FJ... Any thoughts will be appreciated as don’t know much about this vehicle besides what I read…

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: Want a TRD JF

Thinking about buying a 2008 TRD FJ... Do you have any feedback for me on the vehicle? I have a 4Runner now (1999), and I want to purchase an FJ... Any thoughts will be appreciated as don’t know much about this vehicle besides what I read…
There are over 50,000 posts on this forum that can answer your question.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts

yeah, like^^^^^^said, there are TONS of posts on this, click the search button arrow, then click the word advanced search, then select Title only. that should get ya the info you need. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts

One key thing to note is that there is no 2008 TRD FJ. however, that does not mean you can't make your own TRD version. good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

One key thing to note is that there is no 2008 TRD FJ. however, that does not mean you can't make your own TRD version. good luck!
Yes there is... 2008 is ALL Black, and the 2009 is ALL White... They do have a TRD version... Bilstin Shocks, bigger tires, do some research…

Can someone please give me feedback instead of telling to use the search...? Search on what...? How hard is it to tell me about the ownership on this truck…

·
Premium Member
897 Posts

Yes there is... 2008 is ALL Black, and the 2009 is ALL White... They do have a TRD version... Bilstin Shocks, bigger tires, do some research…

Can someone please give me feedback instead of telling to use the search...? Search on what...? How hard is it to tell me about the ownership on this truck…
umm...ok...lol...i'll clarify nicely. the all black TRD Special Edition is a 2007 model and 3200 were made...i know because i have one...is that enough research for you? for 2008, instead of releasing a TRD SE, toyota released the Trail Teams Special Edition, which is all white with blacked out trim pieces...they also are making 3200 of these. if you want to buy a TRD SE, you will most likely have to buy used.

as far as feedback...it looks like any normal FJ except for the wheels/tires, exhaust and black roof...plus a few other minor things. the bilsteins are an improvement over the standard FJ's, but you will still have brake dive, acceleration squat, and body roll. there really isn't anything exclusive to the TRD model that you can't get for any other FJ...the only exclusive thing is that they only made 3200 of them, which may or may not help resale value.

also, i don't know where you got your info from, but the TRD does not come with bigger tires...they are different tires (BFG AT KO), but they certainly are not bigger.

·
Registered
624 Posts

The guy has an 07 TRD, it's all black. The 08 is all white, but it's not a TRD it's a Trail Teams edition.

Edit: beat to the punch

·
Admin
9,103 Posts

Thinkingaboutit said:
And when you freely admit to not knowing much... you might want to take a step back when you are given advice, even if you disagree at first... instead of arguing right out of the gate.
Kinda makes you look a bit young, to put it politely :wave:

The special editions do look nice though don't they? :cheers:

·
Registered
377 Posts

TRD 2007
TRD performance exhaust
-TRD air filter
-TRD/Bilstein off-road tuned shocks, painted red
-Rock rails
-TRD badges
-TRD Special Edition is available only in an all-black
-16-inch gun-metal gray finish wheels
-Front skid plate
-Mechanical changes to synchronize the locking differential with the active traction control
-BFG AT tires
-All Weather Mats Cargo Mat (5 pc set)

Trail Team SE 2008
-White monotone Exterior Color
-Blackout front/rear bumper end caps front grille surround, exterior mirror housings and exterior door handles
-Trail Teams Bilstein Shock Absorbers
-Cyclone Air Pre Cleaner,
-Mechanical changes to synchronize the locking differential with the active traction control
-Front and Rear Skid Plates
-Rock Rails
-TRD Exhaust System
-Matte Black Finish TRD 16 inch Alloy Wheels
-BFG AT tires
-Auxillary Lights Bumper Mounted
-Unique Shift knobTrail Teams Badges,

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

I think you need to visit.

toyota.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

TRD 2007
TRD performance exhaust
-TRD air filter
-TRD/Bilstein off-road tuned shocks, painted red
-Rock rails
-TRD badges
-TRD Special Edition is available only in an all-black
-16-inch gun-metal gray finish wheels
-Front skid plate
-BFG AT tires

Trail Team SE 2008
-White monotone Exterior Color
-Blackout front/rear bumper end caps front grille surround, exterior mirror housings and exterior door handles
-Trail Teams Bilstein Shock Absorbers
-Cyclone Air Pre Cleaner,
-Front and Rear Skid Plates
-Rock Rails
-TRD Exhaust System
-Matte Black Finish TRD 16 inch Alloy Wheels
-BFG AT tires
-Auxillary Lights Bumper Mounted
-Unique Shift knobTrail Teams Badges,
Sweet! Thanks...

·
Banned
337 Posts

Black looks meaner, but it would be next to impossible to finding a 07 TRD, so the TT is really you're only option. You'll have fun with either one ;-)

·
Registered
61 Posts

If your looking for one, there is one right down the road from me(new on a dealer's lot) here in CT... Send me an email and I'll get you the info.

Jay

·
Registered
624 Posts
Just picked one up here in CA... 2008 All White TT with Leather and Off Road Lights on the roof... Sweet!
Pics, now... :)

Haven't seen one with leather, did the dealer do the install or was it outsourced?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm sure he was implying he wanted the Trail Teams. It's the SE, which was TRD last year, no need to be so critical of the what he is saying. I bought one, I LOVE it. From my understanding (told this by Trail Teams Dudes @ Mt. High) the TT has the ability to run A-TRAC AND DIFF LOCK at the same time. Apparently this is only on the TT, is this correct?

Regardless the truck is great, handles snow and the dirt I have been able to get to like a dream, looks awesome, has a good stereo and is comfortable. If you are thinking about it, go get one! It's quite fun to see the standard FJ owners double take you on the road when they see your all white model.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I'm sure he was implying he wanted the Trail Teams. It's the SE, which was TRD last year, no need to be so critical of the what he is saying. I bought one, I LOVE it. From my understanding (told this by Trail Teams Dudes @ Mt. High) the TT has the ability to run A-TRAC AND DIFF LOCK at the same time. Apparently this is only on the TT, is this correct?

Regardless the truck is great, handles snow and the dirt I have been able to get to like a dream, looks awesome, has a good stereo and is comfortable. If you are thinking about it, go get one! It's quite fun to see the standard FJ owners double take you on the road when they see your all white model.
he was originally looking for the all black TRD, but happily bought a TT instead. his dealer gave him some misinformation, which is all clarified now. the simultaneous A-TRAC and DIIFF LOCK was standard on the TRD SE and is standard on the TT SE. i do believe that starting with the later 2007 models that this function became standard...i could be very wrong on this assumption though, so take it with a grain of salt. all models can get this function with the hack though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts