Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
17,715 Posts
Wow! Nice.

Reactions: xola3que

· Premium Member
5,864 Posts
What else can you tell us about her? Power windows was oem? Google tells me the difference between FJ and BJ is gas vs diesel. Must be a lot of body styles for each.

I better pay more attention to the 'Vintage Cruiser' thread. :)

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What else can you tell us about her? Power windows was oem? Google tells me the difference between FJ and BJ is gas vs diesel. Must be a lot of body styles for each.

I better pay more attention to the 'Vintage Cruiser' thread. :)
She's new to me...too new. I mean like what oil filter does she take or what brake pads should i buy, and what do I do to shut off a clacking 40 years old Benz diesel:p. Uncharted territory for me. Can't be that hard though, indigenous people fix them with whatever rolling around in the truck bed while crossing the Andes. Autozone can't fail me.

Besides she's completely stock and barely driven from a 74 years old grandpa with bad atheritis in both legs. Owner (his son) and I facetimed him up in his home country and between my amazing Portugese and his scholastic English, we conversed joy and many promises from me to take care of his pride and joy for the forseeable future.

Never bought a car and felt ike getting adopted before.

· Registered
22 Posts
Heavier weight oil than what is recommended should shut her up.

Remember those manufacturer recommendations are made for when the engines are new, not when they are 50 years old and God knows how many elapsed miles. Old vehicles are FAR more forgiving as compared to newer ones when it comes to specifications.

Reactions: xola3que

· Registered
1,835 Posts
Nice! If anyone has the cash, they can order and purchase a restored and updated FJ40. The code word is CASH!

· Admin
6,934 Posts
Welocme.
A Bandeirante, looks well cared for and different on those wheels.
You might want to join up at ih8mud.com for specific info as we’re FJ Cruiser owners for the most part.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gorgeous. Ballpark, how much it cost to buy and import?
Actually I didn't do anything other than buying the truck. The process was done by the old man himself. He wanted a car in the States so he can drive around while visiting his sons. Lucky for me, none of his children are into cars.
A good conditiona BJ can be upward of $75,000. Most are in the high $40 because people in Brazil just don't have cash laying around to bury into a toy just so one day they can export it. Most of us here neither or we'd be raking in the cash with a good condition FJ.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts