Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
might as well give this a try. im looking for a set of TRD 16-inch Aluminium Alloy Wheels with tires. i would like to trade my 08 17's alloys with tires as well (about 2000kms on them) PLUS cash on my side. PM or post. thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
get in line!

goodluck and let us know if you find a good source

·
Registered
450 Posts
The wiley and elusive Black TRD rims . . . I think we are all on the hunt!

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
The wiley and elusive Black TRD rims . . . I think we are all on the hunt!
Not all of us. I parked beside a Voodoo at TBC indoor cart racing in Richmond around the first of June, and it had 4 of them. The spare was stock though, which kinda bothered me... the tire sizes could then never be exactly the same putting undue wear on a diff if the spare was used. I'm anal, I know. :no:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yeah I agree. If you are gonna get em you gotta get em all otherwise it just looks weird.
Same thing with the rubber. I have seen a few FJ's around town with nice rubber but then the stocker is the Dunlop -it just looks off IMHO.

I do like the look of the black rims though. Beadlocks or your teflon coated ones are sweet. You need to do a group buy on those!!! :D hahahah!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
You got 5000 miles before you need to get that spare tire up to the right size. (assuming you don't get a flat and rotate your tires at 5000 miles)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Where are you located? If you happen to find some what do you want for your 17" alloys?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Your best bet would be to go to a dealer. I work in the parts department at a tooyota dealership so I already have mine. At the top of my head the part number is pt420-35080 or ptr04-35080. They are the same price as the regular trd wheels so expect a price around $150-170 each. The only problem is that you'll need to be patient because they are on backorder, or atleast they are in Texas. I was lucky enough that all five were in stock at our distributor so I got all five next day.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where are you located? If you happen to find some what do you want for your 17" alloys?
it depends if the guy willing to trade wants them or not. if not i might sell them with the factory rubber.

Your best bet would be to go to a dealer. I work in the parts department at a tooyota dealership so I already have mine. At the top of my head the part number is pt420-35080 or ptr04-35080. They are the same price as the regular trd wheels so expect a price around $150-170 each. The only problem is that you'll need to be patient because they are on backorder, or atleast they are in Texas. I was lucky enough that all five were in stock at our distributor so I got all five next day.
i would but i am located in canada. my dealership doesnt even carry the TRD model and i the parts number doesnt show up in their cataloge. hmmm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts