Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my spare tire has a cover over it which I want to take off, but it is missing the center plastic toyota logo cover. I went to Toyota to order one, and it was $62. Does anybody on the forum have an extra one they would be willing to part with for less than that? Figured I'd check on here before I go to eBay.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Re: Center Plastic Cover/Medallion

are you talking about the emblem that also is above the word toyota on the rear door?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

are you talking about the emblem that also is above the word toyota on the rear door?
Well that emblem is on the cover. Is it is the piece in the very center of the wheel, as seen in this picture.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

I believe he is talking about the plastic center cap with the toyota oval T for the wheels since he mentioned under the tire cover.

62 bucks is RIDICULOUS. If i was drinking water, this would cue the spit water out of mouth move you see on TV when something crazy is said.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts

oh the steelie center cap, ok

If you come to harlan trail ride in August I will bring one with me and give it to you. how does that sound. just so happens I have 1 extra.. but you have to come to the run and get muddy.. lol! (Let the intimidation begin)..that is if this is the part you are inquiring..

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

62 bucks is RIDICULOUS. If i was drinking water, this would cue the spit water out of mouth move you see on TV when something crazy is said.
Yeah. I had them order it when I got my front brakes fixed (TSB brake noise), and they didn't tell me how much it was, I was thinking $15 max. When I went to pick it up and he said $62 I told him he could keep it.

If you come to harlan trail ride in August I will bring one with me and give it to you. how does that sound. just so happens I have 1 extra.. but you have to come to the run and get muddy.. lol! (Let the intimidation begin)..that is if this is the part you are inquiring..
Where is said Harlan trail ride? I'm thinking it's not very close to St. Louis, MO.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts

Yeah. I had them order it when I got my front brakes fixed (TSB brake noise), and they didn't tell me how much it was, I was thinking $15 max. When I went to pick it up and he said $62 I told him he could keep it.

Where is said Harlan trail ride? I'm thinking it's not very close to St. Louis, MO.

harlan kentucky, evarts is the town close by right on the s e corner of kentucky close to the Virginia line easy to google.. big event though awesome place.. anyway is this the piece you are inquiring?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

harlan kentucky, evarts is the town close by right on the s e corner of kentucky close to the Virginia line easy to google.. big event though awesome place.. anyway is this the piece you are inquiring?
No, the piece I am inquiring about is the center piece of the 17" aluminum wheels, has 6 notches in it for the lugnuts and the toyota emblem in the middle. It is silver. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
852 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts

No, the piece I am inquiring about is the center piece of the 17" aluminum wheels, has 6 notches in it for the lugnuts and the toyota emblem in the middle. It is silver. Thanks anyway.
Your wanting a center cap like the one Tai Mai Shu posted above. The ebay listing is a pretty decent deal.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Your wanting a center cap like the one Tai Mai Shu posted above. The ebay listing is a pretty decent deal.
Yeah, about 1/2 what Toyota wants. Will probably pick it, still seems like a lot of money for some plastic and little bit of metal, but what can you do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts