Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Requirements:
-4x4 with locking differential
-Sun/ Moonroof and solid a/c for desert heat relief
-accident free
-frame damage free
-needed for serious off-road desert sand wash and rocks for reliability, snow/ice not a priority

Acceptable:
-color not important
-dents and scratches
-up to 150k miles

email: [email protected] with your FJ specs

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
FYI....sunroof/moonroof are not OEM parts. Those would be aftermarket additions. I have seen them every once in awhile but if that is a must have.....its gonna make your search more difficult.

Not a fan of aftermarket sunroofs or even OEM sunroofs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the feedback on the sun/moonroof detail; I will think twice about this feature.
My primary concern with sunroof is keeping cool enough in the cabin when desert off roading. Is the stock AC powerful and reliable?
Thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Air conditioning works by puling humidity out of the air. Desert heat is a dry heat so any air conditioner is going to work at a big disadvantage. The good thing is with the humidity so low anyway, you don't need the air con as much. Keep hydrated and the natural evaporation of your perspiration will work as intended.

TT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All,
This forum has been an excellent learning experience with my fj research. I have been reading this forum all week to learn how to make a wise purchase for off roading, so thank you!
I am looking at this add for a 2008 and it appears be a trail teams model but that is not mentioned in the add.
Is the trail teams version a big advantage for off road or is it more of a marketing tactic?

This add has very little info on the vehicle but is accident free. I just need to know more about what to ask and look for when inspecting this fj.

So far this is my inspection checklist for shopping from what I have learned from ya'll:
  • Rust
  • Check oil or valve case for sludge
  • Off road tires are a bonus; the stock tires are worthless
  • Early '07 may have bumper issues
  • the obvious accident free, clean title, etc.
  • Anything else I should add?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I don't think there is much advantage in a TT model over any FJ with the off road package.

The one negative for the TT is it lacks the white roof which keeps you a bit cooler in the sun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't think there is much advantage in a TT model over any FJ with the off road package.

The one negative for the TT is it lacks the white roof which keeps you a bit cooler in the sun.
Not if it’s a 2008...the entire vehicle is white.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts