Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2011 FJ with no rear pillar speakers and blank fillers in the rear pillars.

Anyone who has disconnected (or plans to disconnect) their rear pillar speakers in a 2010 or 2011 FJ, why not cover them up for a cleaner look with my blank covers?

Interested in a trade for mint condition, 2010-2011, factory speaker grills for rear pillar speakers. I know I can buy them online, but I would rather save the money and trade.

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
143 Posts
From the little research that i did before putting in rear speakers, everyone who has the rear OEM said they werent the best but if you upgrade to a better speaker you cant go wrong. I put in polk audio 3" speakers in the rear did a little handy work and they work way better than planned. cant go wrong with custom work.

can post pics just gotta find em

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm in need and want the sane grills. I'm in contact w lexuspartsdude. I've done business w him in the past and got a very good price on these

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found the post i based my own rear setup on but mine was only slightly different.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...-polks-mounted-rear-d-pillars-my-version.html

hope this helps
Yes, I saw your post earlier, but I want to put mine behind factory grills, not mounted to the plastic inserts. I am looking for factory grills, but the best price I have found so far is $19 each plus shipping. Geez ... two tiny pieces of plastic!

Anyone who isn't using their rear pillar speakers in a 2010 or 2011 FJ, please consider a trade with me for my blanks.

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in need and want the sane grills. I'm in contact w lexuspartsdude. I've done business w him in the past and got a very good price on these
The lowest I have found so far is $19 each plus shipping. Please let me know if you find a better deal. Really, these should be about $5 each ... seriously.

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
616 Posts
The lowest I have found so far is $19 each plus shipping. Please let me know if you find a better deal. Really, these should be about $5 each ... seriously.

-FJ Florida-
Thats the price he gave me $19 ea.. Where did u get that price? Try parts.com I just ordered a sub panel for $33 compared to $50 from dealer

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
616 Posts
I found some speakers on eBay that come w grills, but I doubt it's the whole panel

·
Registered
538 Posts
Is the wiring already there for the rear speakers on FJs with the base stereo, or do you need to run new wires?

Also, does anyone have the panel part numbers? The link above is for parts for the entire vehicle but I can't figure out which parts are the rear speaker covers - the closest description is "Quarter panel - Interior trim - Upper cover - W/speaker" priced at $21.92 right and $23.88 left…

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes the speaker wire is there but no very long. So if doing custom work then extra length is goin to be needed, or the long wire harnesses. thats the right part also.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks - weird that FJ Florida was quoted $19 each for the panels four days ago…
That's the best price I could find. Screenshot attached with both in my shopping cart 2-3-2011.

I got my Rockford Fosgate 3.5 coaxials today, but I have not had a chance to see if they fit. If they fit, then I will get the grills, unless someone with a 2010 or 2011 is willing to trade their factory grills for my factory blanks. Anyone???

Has anyone out there tried a perforation job on the factory blanks or other any other grill solution? I definitely want them covered somehow.

-FJ Florida-

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ah, the pieces I found aren't called "speaker grilles" but rather were described as "Quarter panel - Interior trim - Upper cover - W/speaker" - they're also available as "W/o speaker."

$21.92 for the right, $23.88 for the left, and the same descriptions come up using the part numbers in your cart.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
just a little heads up the way i installed mine the magnet was hitting slightly on the metal but dremel did the job. not sure about the way u guys are going just a heads up that aftermarket speaker magnets are def going to be bigger than stock.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just a little heads up the way i installed mine the magnet was hitting slightly on the metal but dremel did the job. not sure about the way u guys are going just a heads up that aftermarket speaker magnets are def going to be bigger than stock.
I know if they fit at all it's going to be really tight. I may have to surface mount them to the panel itself to get the extra depth and then invent some sort of grill cover soution.

-FJ Florida-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts