Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any replacement pieces to remove silver stick out wings on front bumper. Plastic or otherwise??

Hey folks, as a newbie to the FJ world since July of 19, I've spent $$ on tires, shocks, leveling kit, and now wanna show off those Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/17's a little better by taking off the useless bumper wing. Don't want to tear them up in the process. Plan on making template and using ABS plastic to fill the void. Any tips/tricks to neatly removing Bumper Wings?? Much Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
you can get them in black . or there are plates that delete them . warrior products .

·
Registered
57 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I made me own, using some textured abs sheet, I got from Amazon. I used some small sheet metal style screws, with tapered washers to mount them. I also ran some u-channeled weatherstripping around the edge for a cleaner finish. I think I spent about $20 on materials. The badges are made for the grille but were hidden by my lights, so I put them on the bumper.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When and how can I order? Web site not wanting to cooperate. Shipping charges?
When I ordered mine, there was a problem with the website not letting me pick the finish. But I ordered them and Rick asked me in his email what finish I wanted. I checked just now and the $75 includes shipping. Here is his contact info. You could prolly just email him directly.
Richard Casella ([email protected]) KD2FFA
Coastal Internet Technologies
PO Box 567, Miller Place, NY 11764
http://www.buoy.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I ordered mine, there was a problem with the website not letting me pick the finish. But I ordered them and Rick asked me in his email what finish I wanted. I checked just now and the $75 includes shipping. Here is his contact info. You could prolly just email him directly.
Richard Casella ([email protected]) KD2FFA
Coastal Internet Technologies
PO Box 567, Miller Place, NY 11764
http://www.buoy.com
Hello,
more on the subject of bumper wing pieces, sorta, maybe! Like so many others, I have constant problems with scratches, dings and general mayhem occurring, especially the rear ones. I am currently prepping my FJ for sale and want to remove the rear wings for repair and repaint. Is there a special tool I can use to remove the wings without damaging the receiver slots. In the past when dear wifey got to close to garage door frame, small parking bollards and the like, I removed the front wings and hand fabricated flat closure panels as a temporary fix until the new arrived. The back is a little different and as of now my success has been. - zero and none!! HELLLLP!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts