Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Did you paint or wrap the silver trim pieces? Your build looks great! Thanks for the inspiration from a fellow 2010 TT owner!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Did you paint or wrap the silver trim pieces? Your build looks great! Thanks for the inspiration from a fellow 2010 TT owner!
Painted. Trying to figure out how to disassemble the silver dash vents on each end of the dash so I can paint them as well. Thanks for the complement!

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Painted. Trying to figure out how to disassemble the silver dash vents on each end of the dash so I can paint them as well. Thanks for the complement!
The left dash vent just pulls up held in with clips. Pull from bottom. The right one has a bolt (10mm I think) holding it in. It is hidden behind a round sliver cover if I remember correctly. Take the bolt out and then pull up. I hope this helps....

BTW, did you sand and paint, or prime and paint? You matched the color really well!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The left dash vent just pulls up held in with clips. Pull from bottom. The right one has a bolt (10mm I think) holding it in. It is hidden behind a round sliver cover if I remember correctly. Take the bolt out and then pull up. I hope this helps....

BTW, did you sand and paint, or prime and paint? You matched the color really well!
Scuff, prime and paint. Color is called Khaki...and is close. I know how to remove them, but need to disassemble them so I can paint them. Need to remove the vent on/off "switch"...that is the part I am having the issue with.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Scuff, prime and paint. Color is called Khaki...and is close. I know how to remove them, but need to disassemble them so I can paint them. Need to remove the vent on/off "switch"...that is the part I am having the issue with.
Got it...thanks! I understand what you're trying to do now. I haven't disassembled that far yet!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Final install on the radio, bezel and trim! Now if I can just figure out how to get the other silver pieces off and apart so I can paint them as well! To include the door release, vents on the ends of the dash and the shift gate!

Wow how’d you get the radio screen flush with the bezel? It looks very clean. Did you need to file down the OEM part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Did I see those are $15/piece, as in $60 per wheel? They look good, but $300 for five wheels is kinda steep.
Cheap compared to the OEM ones at $90 per wheel! Plus give it a different look as well! Also, I can flip over a section if I mess it up...or just replace that piece at $15 instead of replacing the entire ring at $90.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts