Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Final install on the radio, bezel and trim! Now if I can just figure out how to get the other silver pieces off and apart so I can paint them as well! To include the door release, vents on the ends of the dash and the shift gate!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Did you paint or wrap the silver trim pieces? Your build looks great! Thanks for the inspiration from a fellow 2010 TT owner!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Did you paint or wrap the silver trim pieces? Your build looks great! Thanks for the inspiration from a fellow 2010 TT owner!
Painted. Trying to figure out how to disassemble the silver dash vents on each end of the dash so I can paint them as well. Thanks for the complement!

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Painted. Trying to figure out how to disassemble the silver dash vents on each end of the dash so I can paint them as well. Thanks for the complement!
The left dash vent just pulls up held in with clips. Pull from bottom. The right one has a bolt (10mm I think) holding it in. It is hidden behind a round sliver cover if I remember correctly. Take the bolt out and then pull up. I hope this helps....

BTW, did you sand and paint, or prime and paint? You matched the color really well!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The left dash vent just pulls up held in with clips. Pull from bottom. The right one has a bolt (10mm I think) holding it in. It is hidden behind a round sliver cover if I remember correctly. Take the bolt out and then pull up. I hope this helps....

BTW, did you sand and paint, or prime and paint? You matched the color really well!
Scuff, prime and paint. Color is called Khaki...and is close. I know how to remove them, but need to disassemble them so I can paint them. Need to remove the vent on/off "switch"...that is the part I am having the issue with.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Scuff, prime and paint. Color is called Khaki...and is close. I know how to remove them, but need to disassemble them so I can paint them. Need to remove the vent on/off "switch"...that is the part I am having the issue with.
Got it...thanks! I understand what you're trying to do now. I haven't disassembled that far yet!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Got it...thanks! I understand what you're trying to do now. I haven't disassembled that far yet!
Yeah want all the silver to be changed to the Khaki color. Will have to take apart the door handles and shift gate as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Well, couple more pieces have been painted! Leaves about 3 more items to paint!

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Shift gate complete! Now to figure out the steering wheel pieces and the door openers.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Added the Rigid Molle panel from greyman tactical over the weekend. And for this coming weekend. The ARB console and Rhino-rack batwing awning. For the trolls: No the molle panel does not interfere with the airbag deployment!

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Rhino-rack batwing awning installed! Man this thing is awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
This was a PITA to install, but it was worth it! Looks awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Propane tank mount has been added as well. Refined Cycle JM2.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Final install on the radio, bezel and trim! Now if I can just figure out how to get the other silver pieces off and apart so I can paint them as well! To include the door release, vents on the ends of the dash and the shift gate!

Wow how’d you get the radio screen flush with the bezel? It looks very clean. Did you need to file down the OEM part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
The radio that I purchased comes with the bezel as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Added another rack to the rear of the FJ! Thanks to Refined Cycle and offroad for the rack!

Attachments

61 - 76 of 76 Posts