Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found a warn 8274 winch for cheap. It's in great condition. This winch has an outstanding reputation and I am planning to use it. I was wondering if there is a hitch mount option for it. I would like to store it inside when it's not in use.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Toyoutfitters has a nice front bumper with a hitch mount. Dont think there's a bumper out there that would fit that big boy in anyway if you wanted a internal mount.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Maybe the metaltech tube bumper ?... :thinkerg:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
It's also a fast winch. As ^ stated, it's a sweet winch but not an ideal candidate for tossing in and out of the FJ. It could be a good candidate for selling or swapping for an M8000 - a better candidate for your plans

"Hey, I'll trade ya this M8274 for your M8000" will likely be pretty well received! Especially with the CJ/YJ/TJ/JK guys - very easy to put an M8274 on those.

·
Registered
415 Posts
the 8274 mounts vertically which will require a vertically plate with an opening for the fairlead or roller to attach to on the opposite side. You'll have one heavy winch mount not counting the weight of the winch. If you really want to use the 8274, you may need to get a mount fabricated.

BTW.. the 8274 is a fantastic winch which is field serviceable. You can take most of the winch apart in about 5 min without removing it from the bumper. it also holds 150' of line which most winches can't come close to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts