Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Metal Tech bumper a while back in the group buy and still hadn't got around to buying a winch for it. Well, my in-laws had some trees fall during the winter at their cabin so we were going to go help them clean up tomorrow and my wife actually said, "would a winch make that easier?" I was out the door on my way to the 4x4 shop so fast - well, you know how fast.

Long story short, I went to 4 wheel parts, which I usually don't do but I needed a winch today. They had the Warn 9.5ti on sale for a bit over a grand. I checked Warn's website and they don't list the ti anymore, just a 9.5cti. Maybe they're clearing the old models out. Anyway, I picked one up and it fit in my MetalTech bumper beautifully - with about 1/16" of an inch to spare between the top of the winch and the top tube. It's almost like MetalTech planned that :) I really like how the bumper sort of locks the winch in. You'd have to take the whole bumper off to steal the winch (which wouldn't be that hard but anything helps).

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
When the wife is the one that suggests a mod like that..... I call that a WIN!!!

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too. I'm sure I'll have to pay for it a few times over in other ways though. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Without pics it didn't happen. :bigthumb:

Way to go though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts