Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I'm looking for intel on the Warn Bumper & Winch Combo from those who have now been running them for a while, as I have the bumper and a Warn
M8000 arriving this week.

My biggest question is for those without lifts: What modification did you make to compensate for the slight drop in the front end, handling issues, front-end dip upon braking, etc.

Also, if I missed a relative thread please point it out to me.

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
blue4good,

this is from the front bumber comparison thread

Construction - 1/8" Plate, with 1/4" winch mount

Weight - 150 lbs. with bull barWinch fitment - Warn M6000, M8000, XD9000, XD9000i, 9.5xp, 9.5ti (pictured), 9.5si

the M8000 weighs 80LBS with steel cable on it

Rated Line Pull: = 8000 lbs.
Motor: = 12V
Horse Power: = 4.8
Remote Control: = Remote switch, 12 ft. lead
Gear Ratio: = 216.1
Size: = 21.04 in. x 6.3 in. x 7.6 in.
Weight: = 80 lbs.Wire Rope = 100 ft. of 5/16
Fairlead = Roller

That is a lot of weight on stock front springs. I would suggest a set of adjustable coil overs so you can adjust the front as needed with the extra weight if you are not planing on lifting the rear and want to keep the stock rear height.

JKFJ08

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man! I was beginning to think I needed a shower or something!:lol:
Or maybe I just put the thread in the wrong section...

(put same info on another thread so sorry if you read this twice)

Anyways, after several consultations with ToyTech, Warn and some others, I've ordered springs only for front and rear - OME 884 Light for front and 895E for rear. I'm told that this will lift the body 1 inch all around and keep the original plane of vehicle which I need for towing. I do a small amount of wheeling in mud and snow but no crawling. I think this will do as most of my miles are on black top.

I had her stuck once but winch is mostly for stumps and others that are stuck, plus it will look really cool! :bigthumb:

Thanks JKFJ08

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PS: Got the springs from FORUM SPONSOR IRON PIG. Cam was way cool and very pacient with all my questions. Got a great deal, too!:clap:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just happend to instal a warn bumper and warn power plant winch yesterday. My front end sagged about a half inch after the install with factory shocks up front. I have a set of Radflo coil overs i will be installing to compensate. If you do the install yourself the bumper was a pain. Took me about 6 hrs. Make sure you got a good drill with quality bits. Also i hope you have small hands and access to air tools, I did not have air tools. That cost me a good two hrs time. The bumper looks awesome though. I am very happy with the fit and quality. The power plant winch is awesome FYI.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frozengi,

Thanks - This makes sense then, to what I was told by Cam. With the OME's I bought, I should end up with about an inch all the way around and the original plane of the body. This way I shouldn't be pointing up in the front when I tow. As for the tool, I'm fortunate to have a pal that owns a shop. We're going to do it on Saturday while he's closed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts