Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of this is buried here but some is not. I am strongly considering a Warn rear and need to know what modifications if any need to be done for the MAF aux tank. Also, I would like to see some pictures from underneath looking up to see how it will clear a few lights I have. Any other install advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I know some of this is buried here but some is not. I am strongly considering a Warn rear and need to know what modifications if any need to be done for the MAF aux tank. Also, I would like to see some pictures from underneath looking up to see how it will clear a few lights I have. Any other install advice is greatly appreciated.
You will have to remove the bracket along the driverside frame and modify it to fit and knotch the one on pass side.I would post pics but I can never get the to post here

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I got some detailed comments in my build thread from doing my Warn rear bumper.....let me know and can give you a call if needed or give you a LIFE LINE to call me during install.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Toyota. The issue is I have a Pioneer backup camera sitting on the hitch right next to the lip of the hitch. I am not sure where I can move it if it doesn't fit there anymore.

I have the Toyota trailer hitch on mine....or do you have the aftermarket version that hangs lower?

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
I have the Toyota. The issue is I have a Pioneer backup camera sitting on the hitch right next to the lip of the hitch. I am not sure where I can move it if it doesn't fit there anymore.
I've been putting off on installing on my backup camera for a few months now, but I'm thinking about ghetto-fabbing a bracket so I can mount the camera behind the passenger side "W" cutout in the bumper. Stealthy.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Ben!

Like AWSUMFJ said you will need to cut the mounting brackets on one side and notch the other to fit the AUX fuel tank. We did take some pictures of his truck when we installed the tank - i'll see if i can dig them up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts