Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have warn warn zeon 10s platinum (waterproof!) winch with only wireless remote. The warn manual in the troubleshooting section tells you after purchase that radio frequencies does not work underwater, and so the warn winch with wireless remote won’t.

I know about warn 92193 Control pack relocation kit, but in my opinion it does not help when the car goes deep enough underwater.

Is there a mod to connect wired remote to warn zeon platinum winch as backup remote?

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Build your own using Deutsch connectors. This way you are sure to get exactly what you want.

For the record, it is never a good idea to use wireless or IOT on emergency hear. High likelihood of failure during emergencies.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,705 Posts
If you have to submerge it and the FJ then I would move the solenoid pack under the hood into a watertight junction box (yes I know he solenoids are sealed) and wire up either a remote switch or a socket that you can plug the wired controller into to the cabin. That way there will be no connectors in the water, they are either sealed in the box or in the cabin

For a cabin switch you need a momentary on double throw switch (on-off-on) a window switch does it

here’s my sealed unit. My socket is external but you could mount it internally and run the wires through a gland

1 - 6 of 6 Posts