Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 6MT, all the whistles
Was trucking down the snowy road last night, took a turn and the traction aids kicked in...beeping and the normal sounds as the truck corrected itself, but about half way through the slide correction (nothing major, just a slight drift) the traction cut out and my warning lights kicked on. Other than having no traction aid, the truck seems to be driving fine. Obviousley i am going to take it in monday to get er all checked out but have any of you ever experienced this? any ideas?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Here is another reason to add to the apparently long list of things that can cause all the lights to come on:

Back in Oct. I was driving to a friend's when the engine cut out for no apparent reason. It did not stall, but essentially went down to idle, like I had let off the throttle completely. I pressed on the gas, but nothing happened. I even floored it without even a slight increase in RPM. I pulled over and shut off my truck for about a minute. I restarted, all the lights came on again, but the truck seemed to run fine. The lights cleared a few days later. Fast forward, it was happening with more frequency (3x a week), so I finally took it in.

The code was still saved and it came up the electronic sensor on the throttle pedal. The pedal and sensor are all one piece. It would apparently stop sending a signal to the motor and cut out. Got it replaced and no more problems so far.

It sucks cuz I'm past my warranty and cost me $300. Seems like I could get in touch with Toyota and reason with them for a refund. We all know how they don't like throttle issues.

Anyway, they gave me the old part. It's literally 2 bolts and a plug. Talk about pissed off. If I knew that, I would have done it myself. Word to the wise, if you need this part, call Spark's or someone, order the part and do it yourself.

·
Registered
161 Posts
More updates. Replacing the gas peddle did not fix the problem. Less than a week later the problem occurred again. So, another trip to the dealer. Now the code is for the Throttle Motor? My guess is the motor that actually moves the throttle body. Anyway, a $900 part plus labor. The good news is the the dealer gave me a break and didn't charge me for the part, just labor. So that was cool. Got it replaced and guess what? The problem happened 2 days later and has happened 5-6 times since. Another trip :(.

Any opinions on a possible wiring harness issue? Seems like I've replaced most of the chain. Won't know till I get it checked again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts